PE APPROVAL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny G

Reaction score
I have 9+ years experience in electrical design. From which 4 years is of my home country. Can anyone guide me how to write experience to get approval fro Delaware Professional board.

State?

I'd focus on the 5+ years of experience obtained in the U.S.  Use these 5 years as your primary engagement periods. 

I agree with ptatohed.  While, I'm certainly not an expert (the furthest thing from it) on Delaware's engineering board, from my experience engineering boards are pretty black and white.  They either accept something, or don't.  They aren't big on partial credit for things like that.  I would imagine that 5 years stateside qualifies you in DE, so I would focus on that.   

The admin for DAPE is umm...bureaucratic to put it kindly. I sent in my information, I called a couple weeks after they were supposed to approve my app (after making sure all my references had provided the info necessary) only to tell my sorry, we need more information, but we can't tell you what that information is right now. Fast forward two weeks, they still hadn't told me what info I needed. They finally tell me what info they needed and it was stuff that my references had already sent in. It was like they didn't even read what the references submitted. I ended up getting approved for the October exam with like 2 days to spare on registration because they couldn't get their act together. 

Bottom line - stay on top of them and hound them if necessary, but definitely be detailed in your 5 years of US experience and you should be fine. I barely had 4 years between a part time internship Jan-May 2012 and full time job starting June 2012 and was fine experience wise. I listed all of my projects and things I assisted with, etc.

Latest posts

Back