Sealing documents using DWF

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsee

Reaction score
Anyone sign and seal documents as DWF?  I've always printed the drawings to PDF then use Bluebeam or Adobe to use my digital signature/seal then flatten everything prior to sending out.  I have a client asking for DWF with stamp and signature and I'm just not familiar with it.  I asked the state board and it's up to me, but looking at the requirements of the board I don't see how the DWF meets those requirements.  Located in Kentucky.

[SIZE=
8.0pt]      (4) The digital signature is linked to the electronic document in a manner that causes changes to be easily determined and visually displayed if any data in the electronic document file is changed subsequent to the digital signature having been affixed to the electronic document;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=
8.0pt]      (5) An attempt to change the electronic document after the digital signature is affixed shall cause the digital signature to be removed or altered significantly enough to invalidate the digital signature; and[/SIZE]

[SIZE=
8.0pt]      (6) In the case of an electronic document to be electronically transmitted, the electronic document is converted to a read-only format.[/SIZE]

Back