Ban Exam Prep

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romdrv56

Reaction score
Just my opinion. Exam prep shall be banned.

It is scary if new PEs need someone to hold their hand to pass.

face_coolface_trollface_trolls_desktop_3508x2480_wallpaper-158842.png

If a PE is new then he/she wouldn't need help to pass the PE, since by virtue of being a new PE wouldn't they already be a PE?

I'm confused.....

Tell NCEES to give me a test about what diners have the best breakfast specials in town and I promise you I can pass. To me THAT would test what's really job-specific to the muncipal worker such as myself.

I fully agree with the OP. Ban exam prep all together. Anyone that needs to prepare for a test (any test in anything) is obviously not qualified to take the test in the first place. Following this logic, if someone knows the material well enough th pass the test without any preparation then they are experts and don't need to take a test anyway. Therefore, we should probably push to eliminate the test as opposed to eliminating the prepapration for the test.

college should be banned too.

if you cant pass the PE right out of high school, then you just aren't smart enough to be an engineer. college is just a crutch.

In fact, if your parents aren't smart enough to be engineers, then you're not smart enough to even try for it in HS.

When I read the thread title I thought perhaps you meant ban exam preparation material on exam day as in 'make the PE exam closed book'. And there are some advocates for that. But it seems that you are suggesting that no one should have access to any "exam prep" prior to taking the exam. Is that right? What do you mean by "exam prep"? Review classes? Or physical reference material/books? Or both? Are you saying that you took and passed the exam without studying?

Back