Comfortably Numb

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YMZ PE

Kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Is anyone else totally over waiting for their results? I stopped caring about a week ago. I think it finally dawned on me how fricken far away we are from mid-January. Although I have a feeling the anxiety is going to come flooding back in about a month...

Mid-January? I hope it doesn't take that long! I was thinking a couple of days before Christmas...

Last year it was right around Christmas for the PE. I found out New Years Eve.

The FE was a couple weeks sooner though. I expect that my g/f will find out in a couple weeks, but she's still stressing about it. She really wants to put EIT on the resumes before sending them out...

See this thread for an idea about when results might be released in your state.

/>http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10519

CA is notorious for taking forever to release results. . . most of you should have results around Xmas. Poor Yvonne will be waiting a while longer. I have yet to hear a compelling reason to live in CA.

I survived the last 30 days and I am so thankful for being numb at this point. I think I got over the horrible dreams.

I plan to be numb until Jan. 1. I`m not checking that results before Jan 1. I`m hoping someone will call me on Jan 4 to tell me I passed. It was how I knew I passed the FE.

CA is notorious for taking forever to release results. . . most of you should have results around Xmas. Poor Yvonne will be waiting a while longer. I have yet to hear a compelling reason to live in CA.
My first reaction was going to be "AMEN to that!" However, I have to admit there are some good things about CA. The problem is the bad outweigh the good for many people. My inlaws live in CA and I used to bug them about moving to a "free state." Then they showed me how many clients they have there and how much money they make from them and I quickly changed my tune, and asked them to eventually retire in another state. The weather is great there, but I certainly would chose many other places to live before CA if I had the choice. The biggest joke about that state IMO is their draconian, counterproductive gun laws.

I have yet to hear a compelling reason to live in CA.
It's a heavily bureaucratic state with screwed up policies and crooked politicians, but for me, the people, food, and weather more than make up for the bad parts. The only other place in the US I could imagine living is Texas, largely because I'd be able to get decent Thai and Mexican food there.

Good Pink Floyd reference to the OP here. I love that song.
Thanks!

Is anyone else totally over waiting for their results? I stopped caring about a week ago. I think it finally dawned on me how fricken far away we are from mid-January. Although I have a feeling the anxiety is going to come flooding back in about a month...
YMZ, I am not over waiting nor am I numb, but I have done my best to accept the wait. But, trust me, a day doesn't go by that I do not think about the exam and/or the expected results. To me, the last 4+ weeks since the exam have flown by. I expect December to fly by as well.

Mid-January? I hope it doesn't take that long! I was thinking a couple of days before Christmas...
Nope, mid-Jan for CA

Seriously? I wore a T-shirt yesterday. I drove to work today with clear/dry roads and didn't use my heat. My car(s) have no rust anywhere on them from snow/salt. I can be to the beach in less than an hour, the desert in about an hour or the mountains (with snow) in a little over an hour. Where else can you do that? All within a short driving distance: Disneyland, the SD Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Six Flags, etc., etc. I can go on and on. ;)

Seriously? I wore a T-shirt yesterday. I drove to work today with clear/dry roads and didn't use my heat. My car(s) have no rust anywhere on them from snow/salt. I can be to the beach in less than an hour, the desert in about an hour or the mountains (with snow) in a little over an hour. Where else can you do that? All within a short driving distance: Disneyland, the SD Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Six Flags, etc., etc. I can go on and on. ;)
I like having four distinct seasons. It keeps things interesting because you always have something new to look forward to. I think having the same weather all the time would be boring, even if it is T-shirt weather. I find the beach to be boring. Tourist traps like the zoo, Disneyland, Six Flags. . . meh. Now, mountains and desert get my attention, but there are other places to be near both without having to put up with the drawbacks of CA, like overzealous government, crazy politics, crazy people, taxes, enormous cost of living, traffic, smog, landslides, wildfires and the threat of the entire state falling into the ocean. Like AZ, UT or even CO.

I wouldn't mind visiting, though. I'd like to see Death Valley, Yosemite and the redwood forest.

I survived the last 30 days and I am so thankful for being numb at this point. I think I got over the horrible dreams.
I can't say I haven't been thinking about it, and haven't been checking this forum every day or two. However, it hadn't even crossed my mind that it had been a month. I seems like just yesterday I was making that brain-dead 3 hour drive back from my testing site. I'm still not sure how the hell I made it home that night.

I like having four distinct seasons. It keeps things interesting because you always have something new to look forward to. I think having the same weather all the time would be boring, even if it is T-shirt weather. I find the beach to be boring. Tourist traps like the zoo, Disneyland, Six Flags. . . meh. Now, mountains and desert get my attention, but there are other places to be near both without having to put up with the drawbacks of CA, like overzealous government, crazy politics, crazy people, taxes, enormous cost of living, traffic, smog, landslides, wildfires and the threat of the entire state falling into the ocean. Like AZ, UT or even CO. I wouldn't mind visiting, though. I'd like to see Death Valley, Yosemite and the redwood forest.
Sure, I understand. I lived in Saratoga Springs NY for several years and it was nice. I understand that CA may not be for you. I was just responding to your comment that you have never heard a compelling reason to live here. There are plenty of compelling reasons for plenty of people. :)

My first reaction was going to be "AMEN to that!" However, I have to admit there are some good things about CA. The problem is the bad outweigh the good for many people. My inlaws live in CA and I used to bug them about moving to a "free state." Then they showed me how many clients they have there and how much money they make from them and I quickly changed my tune, and asked them to eventually retire in another state. The weather is great there, but I certainly would chose many other places to live before CA if I had the choice. The biggest joke about that state IMO is their draconian, counterproductive gun laws.
Being military, I move a lot and CA was by far my best duty station. Great weather with a huge amount of things to do. Yea they're broke, but if the politicians had a spine, they'd actually make the cuts they need to restore their budgets. Unfortunately every time they talk about any kind of cut, every sick, lame, lazy, or illegal shows up at the state capital to complain and nothing ever gets done.

I can't say I haven't been thinking about it, and haven't been checking this forum every day or two. However, it hadn't even crossed my mind that it had been a month. I seems like just yesterday I was making that brain-dead 3 hour drive back from my testing site. I'm still not sure how the hell I made it home that night.
I don't know how I did anything involving thinking afterwards either. I headed straight to a rehearsal dinner (where I was maid of honor) and then the wedding was the next day.

The last few weeks have flown by. However, it's been my experience, that the next few will be slower until the results are finally released. I've been checking every other day or so with the (desperate) hope that the 8-10 week estimate is wrong.

Well yesterday and today marks the 5 week mark! That's halfway there for us 5-weekers (read CA) and more than halfway there for you 8-weekers.

I still find it weird to have my evenings free. It still hasn't really sunk in yet. I still feel like "I have to study tonight"........ "Oh, wait, no I don't".

I wouldn't mind visiting, though. I'd like to see Death Valley, Yosemite and the redwood forest.
I'm ending up exactly where I want to be in a few months, one of the places on my list I'd love to live for a long time.

My wife is from some podunky town in northern CA originally, the state as a whole isn't just LA like they portray it in movies or TV. I grew up in a suburb of NYC and it's the same way. I'm not interested in living that close to any huge sprawling city. It is what it is, and people can like what they want to like.

Death Valley is the only place I've been to in CA. It was 117 F when I went. I didn't exert myself, dressed properly, drank buckets of water, etc. I was still dehydrated beyond belief the next day. As someone used to the lush deciduous forests of the northeast, it was amazing to see. Barely an ounce of life in the whole park. A raven, couple of scrubby plants, a snake, and a rodent or two. See it, just drink water by the gallon.

Back