Free TFS Video Tutorials - Mechanical - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Free TFS Video Tutorials

We have been developing video tutorials for the TFS exam. When we finish all of them, we will put them behind a paywall and offer a course based on these videos. For now, as we develop them they will be free. There will be roughly about 50 videos to cover all of TFS. As of the writing of this post, the first 7 are ready and in our website.

No video will ever be longer than 10 minutes, to keep your attention focused. The dynamic will be to watch a short video and immediately solve problems associated with the video before moving on to the next one.

We're looking for honest constructive feedback, especially from our friends @Audi driver, P.E. and @MikeGlass1969

Go here for the videos: https://www.slaythepe.com/thermo-superheated-vapors-video.html

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Slay the P.E. said:

We have been developing video tutorials for the TFS exam. When we finish all of them, we will put them behind a paywall and offer a course based on these videos. For now, as we develop them they will be free. There will be roughly about 50 videos to cover all of TFS. As of the writing of this post, the first 7 are ready and in our website.

No video will ever be longer than 10 minutes, to keep your attention focused. The dynamic will be to watch a short video and immediately solve problems associated with the video before moving on to the next one.

We're looking for honest constructive feedback, especially from our friends @Audi driver, P.E. and @MikeGlass1969

Go here for the videos: https://www.slaythepe.com/thermo-superheated-vapors-video.html

I will try to check this out this week. Been pretty busy!

• Thanks 1

@Slay the P.E. I took some time to sample a few of them. Honestly, I was looking for things to critique and didn't find anything noteworthy. There are small things like, why did you bother to point out how to do unit conversions in one video, but not how to do a linear interpolation calculation (I assume time is the main factor). Will you cover how the use of a mollier diagram can be faster than a table, or at least used as a sanity check? Interpolating is time consuming.  I think you could expand some videos to as much as 12 or even 15 minutes to avoid trimming helpful exam tips. The professionalism and clarity are off the charts. Well done. Very helpful content.

20 hours ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

@Slay the P.E. I took some time to sample a few of them. 

Thanks!

@Slay the P.E. ...but not how to do a linear interpolation calculation (I assume time is the main factor).

Yes, it was left out for the sake of brevity. I think we will have a short tutorial just on linear interpolation.

Will you cover how the use of a mollier diagram can be faster than a table, or at least used as a sanity check? 

Oh, absolutely yes. We’ve been advocating for Mollier diagrams here for the longest time. That video (just on how to use h-s and P-h diagrams) will come after entropy and isentropic efficiency are introduced.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, BuffaloWings said:

Do you have a schedule or timeframe when all 50 videos will be complete and available?

Really hard to say. Maybe the end of this fall.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWings said:

Oh alright. My exam is in a few weeks. I’ll check out the videos you have available for review of the material this weekend. 

Hoping for the best @BuffaloWings! Break a leg, you got this!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We've added a two-part series on refrigeration, covering: 

Ideal Vapor Compression Cycle,. Multi-Stage Vapor Compression and the Ideal Gas Refrigeration Cycles. 

Access them for free here: https://www.slaythepe.com/coaching-plan-members.html

• Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.