Your favorite inventions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbo

Reaction score
Yeah, I suspect this will somehow take a prurient turn at some time, but anyway, I'm going to start off in with something mundane.

I recently bought a web cam for my computer and was amazed at how cheap and good it was. But the thing that amazed me most was how easy it was to install and that's when I thought about the USB port and device. THat is one fantastic invention that I never think about. Flash drives, external modems, printers, etc are so much easier to hook up physically now thanks to that darn thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drywall lifts.

Anyone who has ever had to put drywall up on a ceiling will agree - a nearly impossible task made simple.

Orville and Wilbur Wright are credited with my favorite. GPS comes in a close second.

<- anxiously awaiting installation of my newly rebuilt engine.

the dishwasher. I hate washing dishes by hand...that prune finger look doesn't suit me.

Yeah, I suspect this will somehow take a prurient turn at some time, but anyway, I'm going to start off in with something mundane.
I recently bought a web cam for my computer and was amazed at how cheap and good it was. But the thing that amazed me most was how easy it was to install and that's when I thought about the USB port and device. THat is one fantastic invention that I never think about. Flash drives, external modems, printers, etc are so much easier to hook up physically now thanks to that darn thing.
You ain't joking.

I'd have to go with the steam engine. It ushered in the Industrial age, and revoltuionized land and water travel.

The egg genie

(when i first read the title i thought i saw favorite interventions)

indoor plumbing probably takes the top spot. Would not be a fan of having to run to the out house in the middle of the night in the middle of winter

indoor plumbing probably takes the top spot. Would not be a fan of having to run to the out house in the middle of the night in the middle of winter
You shouldn't live in a cold climate in the winter. That's what Florida is for.

It's not a slicer, it's not a dicer it's not a chopper in a hopper, what the hell could it possibly be?

The Sledge-O-Matic

I'd have to go with the flush toilet and septic/sewer system. Of course you need a continuous water supply for the flush toilet so by inference that is included too.

no latrines/outhouses, etc. for me.

Latest posts

Back