WR Reference list

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tmckeon_PE

Get the 20% off of most "the other board" stuff by clicking on Save on books and other stuff and following the link for Engineer FE/EIT and PE Exam Prep

CERM 20% off looking at $128.

Civil Engineering in a Flash (flash cards...I used them) $16

Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Water Resources Problems $36

(note: I got all the six minute sols for my prep)

Civil PE Sample Examination $36

Quick Reference for the Civil Engineering PE Exam $34

Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam: A Companion to the Civil Engineering Reference Manual $44

FREE STUFF

Index for the CERM

Table of Contents for the CERM

Table of Contents for the CERM

FHA geotechnical publications

FHA geotechnical publications

Field Indicators of Hydric Soils in the United States

Field Indicators of Hydric Soils in the United States

NRCS list of publications (soils and such)

NRCS list of publications (soils and such)

SOIL TAXONOMY AND CLASSIFICATION

SOIL TAXONOMY AND CLASSIFICATION

FDOT drainage handbook

Free Pump Handbook

URBAN HYDROLOGY FOR SMALL WATERSHEDS

Saw a suggestiong that some might want to try.

School Bookstore decided to sell the PE Prep Books for 1$ during the spring sale. I am not even going to try to understand why. (perhaps people in college were not buying the PE prep books because they were not eligble to take the test for at least another 4 years?)

I would also recommend getting Wastewater Engineering: Treatment Disposal Reuse by Metcalf & Eddy (3rd Ed)., Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Das, and the Dictionary of Civil & Environmental Engineering by Webster.

I was able to get ahold of Metcalf & Eddy and Das for the exam this past Oct. I found answers to several qualitative questions from these books, especially Metcalf & Eddy. Das has a good chapter on soil borings/exploration. I was not able to find the book by Webster (it is out of print) but heard from several people that is was helpful for the exam. The problem is it is out of print and people are charging outragous amounts for used copies (i saw one for $200). If you can borrow or get a used copy any of these textbooks at a decent price then I personally think they are worth it.

I also got a free copy of the 10 State Standards and other free stuff at the following website: Useful PE Stuff I don't who put that website together but is has some pretty useful stuff.

Good luck to all of you future examinees!

I would also recommend getting Wastewater Engineering: Treatment Disposal Reuse by Metcalf & Eddy (3rd Ed)., Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Das, and the Dictionary of Civil & Environmental Engineering by Webster.
I was able to get ahold of Metcalf & Eddy and Das for the exam this past Oct. I found answers to several qualitative questions from these books, especially Metcalf & Eddy. Das has a good chapter on soil borings/exploration. I was not able to find the book by Webster (it is out of print) but heard from several people that is was helpful for the exam. The problem is it is out of print and people are charging outragous amounts for used copies (i saw one for $200). If you can borrow or get a used copy any of these textbooks at a decent price then I personally think they are worth it.

I also got a free copy of the 10 State Standards and other free stuff at the following website: Useful PE Stuff I don't who put that website together but is has some pretty useful stuff.

Good luck to all of you future examinees!
Agreed...Metcalf and Eddy is a must for WR or ENV test-takers.

Viessman's book is also EXTREMELY useful.

Before I took the exam in October 2006 I had also seen a lot of people mentioning the Metcalf & Eddy book, making it seem like it was a "MUST". This had me a little concerned as I could not get my hands on one so close to the exam and didn't really want to spend a ton of money on it. So I took the exam without it.

Yes, there were definately qualitative questions that I would've tried to find in the book, but not so many that I would call it a "must". And I don't even know that I would've necessarily found what I was looking for.

I think the exam can be taken, and passed, without it.......just make sure you know your depth material well. My point in this post is to make sure people don't get too bent out of shape if they can't get their hands on the book......if you can get it, great, it may help........if not, you'll still probably be fine, don't let it affect your confidence.

Good luck to all.

I did not have the Metcalf and Eddy book (not to say it isn't a good book).

and :pass

Any book that you can take and pull answers out of is worth taking...(Metcalf and Eddy - Ten State Standards)

I took all the books that TM did and the Metcalf & Eddie and some various others but when I looked back all the awnsers were in the CERM if you knew where to look. I suggest that you get very friendly with the CERM and a highliter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a suggestiong that some might want to try.
School Bookstore decided to sell the PE Prep Books for 1$ during the spring sale. I am not even going to try to understand why. (perhaps people in college were not buying the PE prep books because they were not eligble to take the test for at least another 4 years?)
Hi,

Do you have a link - tried yahoo and didn't come up with anything for school bookstore

Thanks

This is a most excellent compilation of information. Great thread.

I also just found a link to another engineering website in the link above.

Engineer trades

I will check it out

This is a most excellent compilation of information. Great thread.
I also just found a link to another engineering website in the link above.

Engineer trades

I will check it out

It's way better than this site. You'll love it, no doubt.

Back