Wind Pressure for Facia and Soffit

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansel

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how I can calculate wind pressure on facia and soffit for an open structure?

I have an open structure with roof and facia and soffit. the roof angle to the horizontal is 15 degree.

I think ASCE7 6.5.13 applies to the roof. What about the facia and soffit?

Can someone tell me how I can calculate wind pressure on facia and soffit for an open structure?I have an open structure with roof and facia and soffit. the roof angle to the horizontal is 15 degree.

For the main wind force resisting system, use the typical pressures from ASCE fig 6-10 without using the +/-GCPi. For components and cladding (probably you're real question), I would follow the design method as set forth in chapter 6 of ASCE. It says specifically in there what to use.

Can someone tell me how I can calculate wind pressure on facia and soffit for an open structure?I have an open structure with roof and facia and soffit. the roof angle to the horizontal is 15 degree.

For the main wind force resisting system, use the typical pressures from ASCE fig 6-10 without using the +/-GCPi. For components and cladding (probably you're real question), I would follow the design method as set forth in chapter 6 of ASCE. It says specifically in there what to use.
You can also use the c&c table for walls and design it without regard for the internal pressure. Done.

You can also use the c&c table for walls and design it without regard for the internal pressure. Done.
Thanks!

Back