WI Experience Record

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidty99

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I'm in the process of appying to the state of Wisconsin to take my PE exam. One of the forms they want candidates to complete is an Experience Record. The main question I have is how detailed I need to be in describing my experience. Right now, I've just listed my "engagements" and give a one-sentence detail of each of my experience. For instance, "Outside Plant Plans & Specifications", "Project Management", and Final Inspection and Acceptance Testing" to name a few. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if this is detailed enough or if I need to be even more specific? Like listing specific projects. The only problem is, I did pretty much the same type of work on several different project.

Any insight would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

schmidty99

I had to fill out the same form when I applied to take the test (Civil) awhile back. I filled it out as though it was a little blurb like you would put on a resume. Give an overview of what the tasks required/what you did.

You may want to post this in one of the more general forums (perhaps Anthing about the PE) since there are not a whole lot of Electricals here.

I imagine the required amount of detail on the applications varies from state to state and since I did not apply in WI I'm not sure I can help you much.

You may want to post this in one of the more general forums (perhaps Anthing about the PE) since there are not a whole lot of Electricals here.
I imagine the required amount of detail on the applications varies from state to state and since I did not apply in WI I'm not sure I can help you much.
Isn't kevo_55 from Wisconsin? He has PEs from several places anyway. He is Structural but he might be able to help you.

Back