Which manual to take for the Survey Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivilOutdoors

Reaction score
I have Reza's book and I am also taking the CPESR course. I am curious which one would be best to take to the exam. I like the tabs and organization of CPESR but I feel like it does not have everything I need in it. I am two weeks out from my test and switching to Reza to study to see if it is any better. Does anyone have an opinion on which manual I should take or use? If Reza is better I will add tabs because it has none.

I would bring both since there's nothing wrong with bringing both. i found myself using CPESR manual more than Reza because it was organized a tad better and the glossary was really useful. You can always compare the two and just add content from Reza to CPESR so you're not having to look through both for the same thing. just get a feel for what you reach more for when you take your practice exams, that should help answer your question

CPESR is enough for the exam (but bring both, why not?). Reza gives more practice questions. I did add a few additional common shapes to the manual for areas and volumes (that I did not end up needing)

During the actual exam, if you're well-prepared, you probably will barely be referring to your materials at all.

Thanks my test is in a few days and so far so good on all the studying. Wish me luck. I really hope I pass. It's harder to do now that I am in my 40s. It funny I it always seem like such a long time ago but my memory is pretty good and I have not forgot much since college. Except my keys.. still don't know where I put them.

Back