Where can I buy Tom Henry's Keyword Index for ~$20?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukem2k5

Reaction score
Every online bookstore I've found sells the book for $16-18, but includes at least $10 for shipping.  Sadly it's not on Amazon nor Half (eBay).  Everyone says "best $20 you'll spend for the test" but I can't find any vendors selling it for $20 after tax/shipping.

If you can't find it for $20... trust me and spend the extra $8.

And order it today so you can at least spend 2 days using it on examples (assume you are taking it in October).

It's that much better than simply using the index?
I would say, yes. However, if you use the NEC day-to-day then the index may work for you. I deal with sections of the NEC day-to-day but not the whole thing.

However, the whole enchilada of the NEC is fair game on exam day. I would certainly have Tom's index. And I would suggest training with it as much as possible.

I would certainly have Tom's index. And I would suggest training with it as much as possible.
TWJ,

I'm wrapping up my School of PE classes this week, and then I have Spin-Up, Complex Imaginary, and NCEES practice tests that I plan to focus on throughout October.  Other key study/reference material that I have include:

• Camara book (fairly useless)
  • Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam (Graffeo)
  • Electric Machines, Drives, and Power Systems (Wildi)
  • Power System Analysis (Stevenson/Grainger)
  • FE Handbook (for conversion factors, etc.)
  • NEC / NFPA 70E / NESC
  • MVA method
  • ANSI device numbers
  • Electric Rates - Demand & Energy Mgmt notes (posted on EB)
  • NEMA Application guide for VFDs
Any other material you think are must-have besides for Tom Henry's and the aforementioned books?  What strategy do you recommend for things like Wildi and Grainger -- just become familiar with their layout?  So far, I've been able to figure out any questions I have about theory / calculation using either SOPE notes or Google, so I haven't really had to rely on those text books for anything, but they're often recommended as study / reference material.

I'm pretty weak on symmetrical components, fault current calculations, and illumination engineering, so hoping the practice tests will help me to solidify those areas.

TWJ,

I'm wrapping up my School of PE classes this week, and then I have Spin-Up, Complex Imaginary, and NCEES practice tests that I plan to focus on throughout October.  Other key study/reference material that I have include:

• NEC / NFPA 70E / NESC
  • MVA method
  • ANSI device numbers
Any other material you think are must-have besides for Tom Henry's and the aforementioned books?  What strategy do you recommend for things like Wildi and Grainger -- just become familiar with their layout?  So far, I've been able to figure out any questions I have about theory / calculation using either SOPE notes or Google, so I haven't really had to rely on those text books for anything, but they're often recommended as study / reference material.

I'm pretty weak on symmetrical components, fault current calculations, and illumination engineering, so hoping the practice tests will help me to solidify those areas.
Check that this post I made after I sat in April.

For some of the less ubiquitous material (Square D Paralleling XFMRs, Reliability Engineering, Chapman, Gonen, etc.) -- were these resources in which you had maybe 1-2 questions on the exam that you were able to answer by digging through the TOC / index of those books?  Or did you actively study some material from these books during your test prep?  

Also, is this the Jaffari's calcs that you used?  http://appanet.cms-plus.com/files/eando/appa-module_6-fault_current_analysis.pdf 

6 minutes ago, nukem2k5 said: TWJ, I'm wrapping up my School of PE classes this week, and then I have Spin-Up, Complex Imaginary, and NCEES practice tests that I plan to focus on throughout October.  Other key study/reference material that I have include:

• NEC / NFPA 70E / NESC
  • MVA method
  • ANSI device numbers
Any other material you think are must-have besides for Tom Henry's and the aforementioned books?  What strategy do you recommend for things like Wildi and Grainger -- just become familiar with their layout?  So far, I've been able to figure out any questions I have about theory / calculation using either SOPE notes or Google, so I haven't really had to rely on those text books for anything, but they're often recommended as study / reference material. I'm pretty weak on symmetrical components, fault current calculations, and illumination engineering, so hoping the practice tests will help me to solidify those areas.
Check that this post I made after I sat in April.https://engineerboards.com//index.p...;embedComment=7337038&embedDo=findComment  [/URL]
For some of the less ubiquitous material (Square D Paralleling XFMRs, Reliability Engineering, Chapman, Gonen, etc.) -- were these resources in which you had maybe 1-2 questions on the exam that you were able to answer by digging through the TOC / index of those books?  Or did you actively study some material from these books during your test prep?  

Also, is this the Jaffari's calcs that you used?  http://appanet.cms-plus.com/files/eando/appa-module_6-fault_current_analysis.pdf 

Back