What was the first thing you bought on Amazon?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
The Borders closing thread made me wonder about the first thing I had purchased on Amazon, so I checked my order history. I had completely forgotten that my first order was a bunch of children's books for my neice, so my first Amazon purchase was Nov 1999, The Itsy Bitsy Spider.

First order I placed for myself was in March 2001: Novi V8 Indy Cars.

I'm not sure if I had a different account back in the day, but on my current account my first order was January 8, 2004. I order Civil Engineering Materials, 2nd Edition.

thata a good question although probably more in recent history like the last couple years. we use amazon to get reviews on things then buy at the store if we can.

Blue Collar Comedy Tour Movie (the first one), 2003. $21 and change shipped.

Oldest: Game Boy Advance SP-Flame and Super Mario Advance 4, 12/3/2003, $146.64

Newest: Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calculator, 6/20/2011, $125.48

both items for the same kid...

I'm sure it was a book, a long, long time ago.

If I recall, they didn't sell much else then.

The last thing I bought was a Shoji screen. Got a good deal on it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In May of 2003 I ordered "How to build Big Block Chevy engines" but i found it more interesting that in Dec 2003 I ordered the electric razor I STILL use today!!! I would say that was a good purchase!

Nothing. I've never ordered anything from Amazon. I prefer real stores. However for tech stuff, I buy from the 'net.

Both were presents, ordered December 12, 2004:

Space Ghost Coast to Coast volumes 1 and 2

Shania Twain's greatest hits

I would have thought it would be a book. 2005 is a funny year to look at, because we got married January 2005. The next few orders were a wedding journal, then followed by an order of diapers and then quicken willmaker. We had a honeymoon baby...

December 2002: 1/10 Scale Radio-control Hummer Wagon

AAAADIISVVgAAAAAAJoR1A.jpg

hmm, that was pre-kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back