What happens when an alligator bites an electric eel?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSmith

Reaction score
I always played the game as a kid about which animal would win "rhino or alligator" or "tiger or boa constrictor". Unfortunately, Youtube wasn't around as a kid to show us the results of some of those pairings. Thankfully that problem has been fixed.

I present to you the Electric Eel versus Alligator bracket of animal vs animal Thunderdome championship.

Just don't know which one actually won it. I would probably rule it a double TKO. Thoughts? Wagers?

Wow...that eel was shocking the hell out of the gator LONG after I would have figured the eel to be dead from the bite.

On second thought, I want to know the name of the fishing hole that has both electric eels and alligators. It's time to break out the flyrods.

why was the eel sitting with its head on the bank? Did the alligator move at the very end?

Think it was tied to a tree on the bank by the videographer...trying to provoke a confrontation.

That was neat! I'd have to rule double TKO as well. Even though the gator probably killed the eel with it's bite, the resulting shock killed the gator.

As for the movement of the gator's rear leg at the end, I'm fairly certain that was due to resulting electrical impulses in the gator (or an aftershock).

Think it was tied to a tree on the bank by the videographer...trying to provoke a confrontation.
Then why isn't the videographer in prison for animal cruelty, suspended from the NFL, and not allowed to have an electric eel as a pet again.

A friend of mine ponted out that this could be the next major break through in power generation technology:

Imagine fields ... vast fields... with rows on rows of individual pods filled with electric eels with their brain stems hard-wired to a virtual matrix where they spend half their day cozily eating fat, slow-moving fish and frogs (or whatever else electric eels eat), then the other half of the day being startled by sudden alligator attacks.

BZZZZT! BZZZT!

Back