Wedding gift spat spirals out of control after bride demands to see receipt

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Consider this: you attend the wedding of a casual acquaintance. You opt for your go-to gift — a basket filled with fancy salsas, oil, biscuits, marshmallow spread and more. You sign the card, “Life is delicious — enjoy!”
Later, you get a text from the bride — “I want to thank you for coming to the wedding Friday,” it begins.
“I’m not sure if it’s the first wedding you have been to, but for your next wedding … people give envelopes. I lost out on $200 covering you and your dates plate . … and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future.”

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/19/wedding_gift_spat_spirals_out_of_control_after_bride_demands_to_see_receipt.html

I would have taken the basket back.

wow people just give envelopes...those aren't very tasty. I'd think the sampler basket would be better than just paper

Consider this: you attend the wedding of a casual acquaintance. You opt for your go-to gift — a basket filled with fancy salsas, oil, biscuits, marshmallow spread and more. You sign the card, “Life is delicious — enjoy!”
Later, you get a text from the bride — “I want to thank you for coming to the wedding Friday,” it begins.
“I’m not sure if it’s the first wedding you have been to, but for your next wedding … people give envelopes. I lost out on $200 covering you and your dates plate . … and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future.”

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/19/wedding_gift_spat_spirals_out_of_control_after_bride_demands_to_see_receipt.html

And returned it with an HSD inside?

the Brides have a slightly messed up set of priorities. We had a nice wedding to celebrate with fam and friends, whatever gifts we got were just bonus. If you are spending that kind of greenbacks you don't invite the casual acquaintance for that very reason, you aren't fam or close friends so why should they spend that kind of $ on you.

And returned it with an HSD inside?

Remember, hatred is a form of passion.

Seriously, though, I don't know if I'd even put that much effort into it.

I never go to weddings unless they are good friends and family. My rule is if you think wether or not you need an invitation to attend, just stay home. Yeaaah , i don't get out much. This wedding is simply pathetic, and if the post wedding party story is true, well thats about as LOW as you can be.

Well,

that's that. I cannot support gay marriage because of this alone. At least not between two brides.

I feel that this could have been avoided had their been a groom around to say "Chill out bridezillas, you're both being rediculous".

So there ya have it.

:D

The gift was definitely a 'wtf were you thinking?!' gift, but clearly the not-so-happy couple really didn't deserve the time of day...hell, if I was the gift givers, I'd send them a bill for 2hrs of my life back, lol.

^That would have been nice. However, my extended family (Polish) uses weddings, babies, and funerals as the functions to get together and party...and drink. We really have no contact any other times except for xmas cards.

so all 3 listed are expensive endeavors

Last edited by a moderator:
No one gave less than $150? Sh*t. I wouldve mailed her the receipt only after i wiped my ass with it. Return that, biotch.

Interesting how the article mentions "fancy salsas," and the picture shows an ugly basket with jolly ranchers and sour patch kids. Before seeing the photo, you'd think the gift was within the realm of normal. Seems like tackiness on both sides.

Interesting how the article mentions "fancy salsas," and the picture shows an ugly basket with jolly ranchers and sour patch kids. Before seeing the photo, you'd think the gift was within the realm of normal. Seems like tackiness on both sides.
at first I thought oh they bought a pampered chef or tastefully simple gift basket...then the picture.

Back