Water Quality/Water Treatment

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cbbb79

I am dying here trying to figure out how to solve sample problems on Water Quality/Water Treatment. CERM does NOT cover any water Quality topics (it covers water treatment but very minimal)

Are there any good study materials for Water Quality/Water Treatment? I am thinking of spending a couple of days on this. Please help.....

This was the book that I used. It was my old textbook from my undergrad water/WW treatment class.

It does a good job of covering the typical treatment processes along with design info. I don't know if activated sludge stuff shows up on the civil/WR exam, but it's a little weak in that area.

There are WQ problems on the Env Depth of the Civil Engineering exam but I think some of those problems will be toned down for the newly merged Env/WR exam.

One of the leading WQ treatment books on the market is:

Water Quality and Treatment, 4th Edition, American Water Works Association (ISBN 0070015406). Note is is AWWA that has published this book, so it is top shelf. If you can get your hands on this book that would be VERY useful.

If you were looking for something that would be more of a review, I can dig through my files and post some WQ treatment types of problems for you to see how well your current references assist you with those types of problems.

JR

Could you please post the sample questions? I'd really appreciate it.

There are WQ problems on the Env Depth of the Civil Engineering exam but I think some of those problems will be toned down for the newly merged Env/WR exam.
One of the leading WQ treatment books on the market is:

Water Quality and Treatment, 4th Edition, American Water Works Association (ISBN 0070015406). Note is is AWWA that has published this book, so it is top shelf. If you can get your hands on this book that would be VERY useful.

If you were looking for something that would be more of a review, I can dig through my files and post some WQ treatment types of problems for you to see how well your current references assist you with those types of problems.

JR

Back