Wal-Mart Executives Sweat Slow February Start

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shop mostly at a Texas chain (HEB)...It's a little more expensive than Walmart, but lots less expensive than Randalls (a.k.a. Safeway). They tend always have plenty of locally grown produce (at least Texas grown) and their store brands are sometimes better than national brands.

Plus, I don't like Walmart...

Last edited by a moderator:
with this nifty thing on our online banking we figured out that we are spending around $1500 / month on f'n groceries.. basically it puts any transaction thats either at Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart, etc into the grocery column..... 2 teenagers and one 10 year old is about $40 week in just peanut butter alone :(

& yet Uncle Sam says I dont get the full tax credit for children... :redface:

Holy $h!t!! I'm sure that's a bit of a hyperbole, but damn. Of course, we go through about 3.5-4 gallons of milk a week with two kids under 4, so I can't say much.

i think its $300 / week and then there are some incidentals being purchased at stores like wal-mart or super target getting mixed in....

can I put a cow on .70 acres and raise it for a year and then get her slaughtered? might save a few nickles...

My aunt has some Western Highland cattle that the wife calls "hippie" cows...when they are little I think they look kinda like sheep dogs, you might be able to fool them for long enough to fatten one up to munch on

with this nifty thing on our online banking we figured out that we are spending around $1500 / month on f'n groceries.. basically it puts any transaction thats either at Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart, etc into the grocery column..... 2 teenagers and one 10 year old is about $40 week in just peanut butter alone :(

& yet Uncle Sam says I dont get the full tax credit for children... :redface:

+1. Mr Tex says "Where does all the $$$ go?" I say "They're eating it. Savages."

I was thinking of telling my HOA that I could get our neighborhood on the resurfacing list if they would look the other way about the cow...

i think its $300 / week and then there are some incidentals being purchased at stores like wal-mart or super target getting mixed in....

can I put a cow on .70 acres and raise it for a year and then get her slaughtered? might save a few nickles...
If you harvest the methane, would this be a green energy credit? One form of "wind" energy that you could justify to you HOA? :)

Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT), already struggling to woo shoppers constrained by higher taxes, is “getting worse” at keeping shelves stocked, the retailer’s U.S. chief told executives, according to minutes of an officers’ meeting obtained by Bloomberg News.

“We run out quickly and the new stuff doesn’t come in,” U.S. Chief Executive Officer Bill Simon said, according to the minutes of the Feb. 1 meeting. Simon said “self-inflicted wounds” were Wal-Mart’s “biggest risk” and that an executive vice president had been appointed to fix the restocking problem, according to the minutes.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-27/wal-mart-s-slowness-stock-shelves-worsens-as-sales-stay-s.html

I've noticed a lot of bare spots in my local store recently, past month or so.

bare spots...we have bare aisles...they take the super large rubbermaid storage bins and put thiose on the shelves long ways just to have something on the shelf.

bare spots...we have bare aisles...they take the super large rubbermaid storage bins and put thiose on the shelves long ways just to have something on the shelf.

yeah, I noticed whole sections (absolutely no batteries to be had, for example) wiped out with empty shelves yesterday when I went. The grocery seemed to be better off, but even it had some good sized gaps in it zero salsa).

Saw this this morning.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-27/wal-mart-situation-getting-worse-new-leaks-reveal

yeah, I noticed whole sections (absolutely no batteries to be had, for example) wiped out with empty shelves yesterday when I went. The grocery seemed to be better off, but even it had some good sized gaps in it zero salsa).

Saw this this morning.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-27/wal-mart-situation-getting-worse-new-leaks-reveal
Cap'n I've been reading zerohedge everyday since you've posted this. Either I need to thank you for opening my eyes (even wider), or regret ever seeing this site because now I have to accept the proof of the matrix.

zerohedge is definitely leaning towards the negative. But they do pick up a lot of finance info you don't see anywhere else.

Back