Waiting for study materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
Waiting for my study materials is like watching a pot boil. "A watched pot never boils.."

"A watched mailbox nevers brings study materials..."

ktulu :blink:

what did yah order?
I ordered Coduto's geotech book, CE Sample Exam from Amazon, and the Geotech workbook from Chelapati....

I know all except for the sample exam have been shipped. Just waiting for them to show up so I can get busy...

thinking fresh, new material will bring inspiration.

ktulu

what did yah order?
I ordered Coduto's geotech book, CE Sample Exam from Amazon, and the Geotech workbook from Chelapati....

I know all except for the sample exam have been shipped. Just waiting for them to show up so I can get busy...

ktulu
It normally does bring a new found inspiration....only problem for me was that it DIDN'T bring new intelligence! "oldtimer"

Well, NC Let's hope that there's some intelligence stuck to the bottom of the packages as they were shipped out to me...

ktulu

There's a little pouch in the package (made of paper I think) that has the intelligence. Eat that.

:thumbsup:

Don't worry about the words "Don't eat". That's to scare off the people that can be intimidated.

:p

what did yah order?

ktulu
If you don't have it already, also order the Six minute solutions--Geotechnical.

I do already have the geotech 6 minute solutions. If I remember one of your old posts, ARJ, these books helped you alot....correct?

ktulu

I do already have the geotech 6 minute solutions. If I remember one of your old posts, ARJ, these books helped you alot....correct?
ktulu
Definitely. I was going to take the Structural Depth initially. But as I studied these publications (with "Coduto" clearly answering all my questions), I was able to not just do the problems, but to clearly understand the subjects as well. And they also gave me quick problem recognition. In others words, when I saw a problem, I immediately knew what to start doing in order to solve it. So on test day, in the afternoon when deciding what depth to choose, I fingered through both

Structural and Geotech. As I glanced at the Geotech, I recognized where to start on virtually every problem. So even though I'm a structural guy, I couldn't resist. I had to choose the Geotech. So those books really helped me. And bear in mind, I knew absolutely nothing about Geotechnical Engineering before studying these publications. I hope this helps!!

Get a room!

:jk:

Meant to post on that Drunk forum (that's what I tell myself, anyway).

Back