Virginia to Require 150 Hours of Physical Ed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
Kids in Virginia are going to be monsters at sports if they can be smart enough to qualify.

http://www.headlineva.com/index.php/news/article/1631953/

Virginia NewsGroups back anti-fat bills

RICHMONDspan style=font-family:prensa-Regular;--Bills to require schools to provide an average of 150 hours per week of physical education are just part of what's needed to fight childhood obesity, church and health groups said yesterday./span The Virginia Interfaith Center, the Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church, the American Heart Association and others held a news conference to talk about the problem of childhood obesity....

Hey Timmy, let's play a little game called "run until you drop."

My high school and middle school had PE as a required class 5 days a week. Unless you were in sports or got the academic waiver by taking another class.

Elementary school we didn't have a gym teacher until I was like in 6th grade, but we went to the "gym" which was the multipurpose room twice a week and played games like red rover, popcorn, who stole the bacon, dodgeball, etc.. and there was recess everyday, so I think they covered the physical portion pretty well

SapperPE said:
Fixed it for you.
LOL!

I can understand the need for phy ed but what ever happened to recess at schools? Isn't that counted? Do kids run around like that anymore?

SapperPE said:
Fixed it for you.
LOL!

I can understand the need for phy ed but what ever happened to recess at schools? Isn't that counted? Do kids run around like that anymore?
probably not, the schools were probably getting tired of the complaints from parents when the kids come home after breaking bones/spraining joints when jumped off the...dare I say it...metal/wood playground equipment or swings. Then the plastic crap they replaced it with got all shnasty after a few seaons so no one played on it anymore.

We had PE/Recess everyday in elementary and middle school. I loved it. In high school it was an elective that only the jocks and troublemakers took (as a self confessed jock I took PE every year).

I learned how to lift weights up and down in gym class.

I also learned to sit behind a girl when we were stretching...

Thats pretty much it.

Back