Vacation Remake ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Why not also remake Animal House, Caddy Shack, and Blazing Saddles while you're rending apart the comedic fabric of the universe with your blasphemy.

If they remake Goonies then I say we steal a 155 howitzer and bomb the shit out of Hollywood..

I thought it had become pretty obvious that Hollywood has been completely out of original ideas for years (maybe decades?) and the only way they can make a buck these days is to dredge up old ideas and add CGI to them.

:dunno:

I would prefer that they didn't even try. They are classics for a reason. Just because they cannot come up with anything good for the new generations doesn't mean they get a free pass to screw with the classics.

Sure some things can be digitized and cleaned up, just like the John Wayne movies. Others just shouldn't be touched. National Lampoons is definitely one of those!

I wouldn't mind seeing reissues/remakes of some of the classics (like old old classics, not like 80's classics)... Imagine what they could do for Gone with the Wind or some of the other ones if they tried, at least try to improve something that could really be improved with modern technology

(ha ha bly beat me to it with the same sentiments...

NO!!!! why can't they take the risk and be original. Remake after remake is all they are putting out there now a days

Hunger Games and Divergent were cheesy teenage semi love stories but at least they had a shred of creativity in them (I still say Hunger Games was a rip off of the Long Walk)...

I think that's what makes these damn Hobbit movies so appealing is there just isn't much new out there.. save Hot Tub Time Machine!

I wouldn't mind seeing reissues/remakes of some of the classics (like old old classics, not like 80's classics)... Imagine what they could do for Gone with the Wind or some of the other ones if they tried, at least try to improve something that could really be improved with modern technology

(ha ha bly beat me to it with the same sentiments...

You mean like that steaming pile known as The Great Gatsby?

What do you mean they aren't coming out with anything new?! What about this:

MV5BOTE2OTk4MTQzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUxOTM3OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Agreed though. Vacation (and any of the others really) is one of those timeless classics that should be left alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, the remake is usually a neutered PG13-rated version of an R-rated original.

Airplane could use some CGI.
Have you seen the Airplane commercials from the Wisconsin tourism board?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrV43xB6yY

Last edited by a moderator:
I suddenly want to go to Wisconsin.

We watched the original Summer Vacation just last month before our road trip and my eight-year-old laughed and laughed. I can't imagine a remake would be super.

We also watched both summer vacation and Vegas vacation before our trips this past summer and they really make your vacation with a family a lot more enjoyable...

Every time we got to a hotel my 11-year-old would ask to see the pool waitress...,

Back