Unusual Massive Storm Today to Affect 1 in 5 Americans

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's why i cleaned out the garage last night so I could park my car in it today.

going to be an interesting several hours this evening.

I love watching some of the National weather reports when they freak out over some of these storms.

"We expect to see over a foot of snow, and to expect major delays, blah, blah, blah", when meanwhile in CO we just call that Tuesday...

"We could on the verge of a four fold crossrept. A P.K.E. surge of incredible even dangerous proportions."

Speaking of doors..

I don't watch the news and today was top down doors off. And we'll I had a wet ride home....

But that's just a jeep thing.. Y'all wouldn't understand....

I love watching some of the National weather reports when they freak out over some of these storms.

"We expect to see over a foot of snow, and to expect major delays, blah, blah, blah", when meanwhile in CO we just call that Tuesday...
you know what we do when we get our half dozen derechos each winter?

fly kites. manly ones.

Speaking of doors..

I don't watch the news and today was top down doors off. And we'll I had a wet ride home....

But that's just a jeep thing.. Y'all wouldn't understand....
I remeber in fifth grade, Dad driving me to school and passing a Jeep in the cold pouring rain. The doors were off. Dad said, "The people that drive those things deserve what they get."

Of course, this was 1976, when Jeepers were real men who sneered at the CJ-7, automatic transmissions, Renegades, Levi Editions, etc as 'pansywagons for suburbanites.' I'm sure the guy also sneared at us in our posh '66 Beetle.

you know a lot of the 4 door jeeps are actually not even 4WD? so sad...

Ive only had to twice drive in the pouring down rain when I didnt have my top on me, I for the most part have learned my lesson but every now and then mistakes happen!

The main thing I worry about with the DOORS off is if you put something on the passenger seat (say a phone) and make a hard left turn, say goodbye to that phone!

I got caught in a downpour in my '83 CJ, which had a bikini top on it. The left side of me got soaked but it surprised me how much rain that little top was able to keep out. Riding thru downpours on a motorcycle sux way worse IMO.

Back