Damn united airlines at it again!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ seriously?! The only time I see pets in a store anywhere in SE WI is PetCo. Where they are allowed!  LOL

I still get pissed when I see people with a (non service) dog in home depot. Not sure why people feel the need to do that. Wish the stores would get some balls back and call BS on that.

People have gotten carried away with this shit, I have even seen dogs in the grocery store. Its just F'n rude IMO.
Guilty as charged.  That's the only place one of our dogs will go with us.  The two pit mixes are friendly as can be, but they're also excitable idiots.  Our great dane, on the other hand, is about as calm as could be so sometimes we will take him to HD or Lowes with us.

Edit: I will add, that he goes wearing nothing but a leash and collar, no bogus vests.  We also asked before we brought him what their policy was and both of our local stores said it was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still get pissed when I see people with a (non service) dog in home depot. Not sure why people feel the need to do that. Wish the stores would get some balls back and call BS on that.

People have gotten carried away with this shit, I have even seen dogs in the grocery store. Its just F'n rude IMO.
Well you can't leave the dog in the car....someone will break your window to "rescue" the dog, call the police, and you'll be arrested when you come out of the store for animal cruelty.

I just remember my days working at HD and folks in the yuppie area near the store would bring their muts in and let them piss all over the floor and not be too interested in cleaning it up..

Plus, did you guys read that dog bite story? The guy had a 50-lb lab on his lap that bit the guy next to him's face. What the hell? 
In all fairness, if you get bit by a lab, you probably deserved it.  They're like the Love Gurus of dogs.

What if you took the dog to the park that is 30 miles away and you also need to stop at home depot on the way home which is also 30 miles away from home? :dunno: I just have cats and they stay at home. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

October through July I would just leave her in the car :D

July through September I would plan better

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/business/united-dead-dog.html?action=click&contentCollection=Health&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

John-Wick-Dog-Meme-15.png

I'd sue them so hard I'd be able open a shelter from the payout.

At the same time, when you, as a pet owner, realize that something is f'd up, why in the world do you go along with it?

I'd sue them so hard I'd be able open a shelter from the payout.

At the same time, when you, as a pet owner, realize that something is f'd up, why in the world do you go along with it?
Probably because there have been many recent incidents where airline attendants/pilots have removed passengers for what they perceive as unruly behavior.

Maybe that's just me.  They can kick me off the flight or cuff me and walk me out.  I wouldn't dream of putting my dogs in jeopardy regardless of the perceived consequences, flight or no flight.

that poor dog can you even imagine the terror :(  

Buy the animal a seat, drive with the family pet, or put it in a kennel.

Unfortunate situation but these animal/plane stories are getting out of hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy the animal a seat, drive with the family pet, or put it in a kennel.

Unfortunate situation but these animal/plane stories are getting out of hand.

The airline allows carry-on pets that can fit in a carrier under the seat.  The airline charges a fee for doing this.  The passenger followed all these rules, but the airline didn't follow their own rules.  You can't pin this on the passenger in this case.  Shockingly, the airline actually immediately accepted full responsibility for their error in this case.

Besides, the airline won't let you buy a seat for a pet.  It's either in a carrier under the seat, or checked luggage (or a service animal, but that's a whole 'nother story.)

Our dogs are too big to fit under the seat and personally I don't think I could bring myself to check them as luggage, so driving is the only option if we want to take our dogs somewhere (and we've done so.)  But that's not possible if, for instance, you're moving overseas.

You can still take a boat across the Atlantic: http://www.cunard.com/

I can't imagine the guilt that everyone involved is feeling. Trying to take a usually high energy dog on board along with small children seems awful. 

I imagine the flight attendant was having a bad day prior to this happening, but a grumpy day at work doesn't mean your dog should die. 

Did the kennel not fit under the seat? this is pretty strange.. & its the main reason I just pay for boarding when we go out of town - the article didn't state if they were moving or just travelling. But Houston to NY wasn't overseas?  I too just don't see the need to take your pet with you when you travel places (not victim shaming I just don't understand it) they have some pretty comfy animal boarding places these days.

we ( the wife and boys flew while we drove) put our cat on the plane when we moved from ATL - DEN and they (Southwest) were pretty adamant when we paid for the ability to bring the animal that if the carrier we had didn't fit under the seat we would have to find some other way to transport the cat..I think they even provided some recommendations of what types of carries to buy when we purchased the "under the seat ticket"

I know its probably a shitty job that is only balanced out by the ability to travel the world for free, but my niece is a delta flight attendant, and she has basically become a flat out bitch about her job, I mean its not like they actually fly the plane, but you would think they do from talking to them.. drop your attitude, shut your mouth, and bring my god damn bloody marry!

Truly an unfortunate circumstance, but like RG I don't understand the need for bring a pet along.  The article indicates that the bag did not fit beneath the seat and was a tripping hazard so the flight attendant told her that it needed to go in the overhead.  It also sounds like the flight attendant didn't listen or pay attention that the bag contained a live animal and instead treated it like a just a "get your bag stowed so we can take-off" thing.  That being said one article claimed that the dog was barking during take-off and then became quiet but the passenger was paying attention to her two young children and never checked on the dog until after they landed....3-1/2 hours later... when she found the dog dead.  You'd think that someone would have checked on the poor dog as soon as they could if they cared at all.  Sounds like this passenger had more than they could handle between the kids and the dog and the perfect storm ended sadly.  Unfortunately, preventable s&^t like this happens.

Latest posts

Back