Type of Experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam314159

CMON PE!
Reaction score
I worked for 2 years as a software engineer, where I designed, reviewed, tested and implemented software projects. I later worked for a utility as an electrical engineer where I designed, reviewed and tested electrical systems.

I would like to take the Power PE. Would both my experiences count towards my 4 years?

I think so, I submitted my application for the Oct-2010 Exam with utility company experince and they accept it. found this papers very helpful when I wrote my application, see if this could help you. let me know if yo need any further info. goodluck

I worked for 2 years as a software engineer, where I designed, reviewed, tested and implemented software projects. I later worked for a utility as an electrical engineer where I designed, reviewed and tested electrical systems.
I would like to take the Power PE. Would both my experiences count towards my 4 years?
Qualifying_Engineering_Experience.doc

Attachments

• Qualifying_Engineering_Experience.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Edison.

I went through the document you attached, thanks again. If I understand it correctly, both my software and power engineering experiences will count towards my 4 years. I didn't know if they counted software or not since I am taking the Power Engineerin PE.

Back