Transpo. Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eric08

Looking over the Breadth and Transpo. Depth Modulus from NCEES it looks like to me that the Depth portion for WR (in trans. depth) will be geared towards open channel, culvert, storm sewer, & maybe some waterline and sanitary sewer. In studying WR I have been having fits with all of the preasure flows and feel like I'm spending way to much time trying to figure it all out. Could those of you who have taken the test maybe give us a little insite on exactly what types of problems to expect in the depth transpo. Exam?

Also, I have read a few time that there are old practice exams floating around, but I haven't seen them. If someone would point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

Looking over the Breadth and Transpo. Depth Modulus from NCEES it looks like to me that the Depth portion for WR (in trans. depth) will be geared towards open channel, culvert, storm sewer, & maybe some waterline and sanitary sewer. In studying WR I have been having fits with all of the preasure flows and feel like I'm spending way to much time trying to figure it all out. Could those of you who have taken the test maybe give us a little insite on exactly what types of problems to expect in the depth transpo. Exam?Also, I have read a few time that there are old practice exams floating around, but I haven't seen them. If someone would point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!
I took the transpo depth portion of the exam this past fall. Since every examinee is required to sign a non-disclosure statement, I cannot describe any test question. I can tell you that if you look at the afternoon problems in the "Civil Engineering Sample Questions & Solutions" published by NCEES, you will have a better idea.

Also, check out the Principles and Practice of Engineering Civil-Transportation Depth Exam Specifications (which I am sure that already have) and pay special attention to the "Section V. Other Topics".

Hope this helps!

owillis

Back