Transpo Afternoon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owillis28

Reaction score
Who else is taking the Transpo Afternoon module?

It has been really quite in this forum topic. Am I the only one?

owillis

How has everyone's studying been coming along? I have to be honest, it has been a struggle for me to go home after work every night and study (or even stay late at the office and study). There seems to be a million other things that I want to do instead of studying. And of course, with the test looming, I am getting a bit more nervous everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be taking it too. I'm feeling woefully under prepared so far. Hopefully that will change in the next two months.

And who's idea was it to have this thing in the middle of football season anyway? Or more to the point what was I thinking signing up for it now and not just waiting until April? Doh!

I'll be taking it too. I'm feeling woefully under prepared so far. Hopefully that will change in the next two months.
And who's idea was it to have this thing in the middle of football season anyway? Or more to the point what was I thinking signing up for it now and not just waiting until April? Doh!
I like your signature Wreck,

and Yes! you are right, may be the guy who started the PE exam with the october and april dates hated both football (college n NFL) and basketball. dam that guy.

I am going to throw my TV in the basement :bawling:

Me too!!!! and it's my FORTH attempt, so if you have any general type questions, I can probably help...I'm becoming an expert on taking the exam, now if I could just master the PASSING it part.

Don't be totally fooled by the failures though.....I've been consistent failing with about 50/80 each time.

Anybody got any tips for the transportation afternoon module? (i.e. what reference material was useful, how did you organize reference material found in HCM & AASHTO, etc.) If anyone has any example problems to post, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have taken water resource before but the enviro killed me.

Note: Please remember that you signed an agreement not to talk about specific problems

from previous exams. :deadhorse:

owillis

Anybody got any tips for the transportation afternoon module? (i.e. what reference material was useful, how did you organize reference material found in HCM & AASHTO, etc.) If anyone has any example problems to post, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have taken water resource before but the enviro killed me.

Note: Please remember that you signed an agreement not to talk about specific problems

from previous exams. :deadhorse:

owillis
owillis,

I found the ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook to be useful, same with the Asphalt Handbook MS-4. I would suggest bringing and being familiar with all the references listed by the NCEES for the test (HCM, Green Book, Roadside Design Guide, MUTCD). Books like the Traffic Engineering Handbook are great for reading/tabbing when you are in the bathroom. The Asphalt Handbook has no index, so it is a good idea to get a feel for what is in each chapter.

I have some sample problems in my transpo binder from the April exam. I will post a few more over the next couple of weeks.

There is a previous thread where a lot of posted our thoughts on the reference books we used, I will dig it up and post the link here.

-Ray

I will say this about the necessary reference materials. The second exam I felt like I answered enough to pass, although I knew it would be close BUT, I left the exam kicking myself because I knew of 2-3 questions that were straight look-up type questions in books I didn't have. Guess what???? I ended up with a 50/80.

How much do you think those books would have been worth to me, to have had them???? Don't make that mistake!

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=3752
Also, can all the transpo people take a look at this post (above) and help me answer Suns Dens' question. I really haven't had any luck tracking down a correct response.

Thanks

owillis
Owillis. the reason I ask is because I did a similar problem and the assumption was otherway (if # of lanes not given that problem assumed it was for one way). Can't rememmber where I saw the problem.

Back