Tokyo restaurant sells black hot dogs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
Tokyo restaurant sells black hot dogs

Odd News Videos .The popularity of Vegas Premium Hot Dogs in the Akihabara district of Tokyo, Japan, has increased since they introduced an odd looking item to their menu: the Black Terra Hot Dog. Its one of the most discussed fast foods in the area and is the color of black charcoal throughout. The curious cuisine measures over 30 centimeters long, and while it looks like its an overcooked kitchen mistake, the wiener and bun are colored with an edible bamboo charcoal powder, commonly used as a food dye in Asia. YouTube video accounts of people eating the Black Terra Hot Dog report that the delicacy is a bit sweet and slightly bitter, but overall tastes like a regular frankfurter. At 600 yen, or $6, the hot dog is an affordable meal for those that can get past the unique color.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/tokyo-restaurant-sells-black-hot-213804537.html

I've heard that while the black hot dogs seem larger than the white ones when you take them out of the package, they don't plump as much when you cook them, making the size difference minimal.

don't know about the black hot dogs but some black buns look pretty tasty

I've always liked my hot dogs almost black from the grill char...this might be a healthier way to get that char effect

I prefer regular ol' Japanese hot dogs. I couldn't stomach all the protein of 30cm black dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_m70fqcaAOJ1qb8d0uo1_500.jpg

Back