Timepieces

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped wearing a watch after I lost all the weight (never got the links removed, and got used to not wearing one). I had a Mallard for several years (has a Rolex movement, and costs 1/20th as much). For the last few years before I stopped wearing a watch, I was wearing a Tag Heuer that I got as a Masters degree graduation present.

I have two Timex Ironman digital watches, one for work (relatively clean) and one for jungle runs (trashed and extra stinky band). Those things are fantastic - indestructable. I accidentally wore one once on a dive down to 120 ft, and it held up just fine.

I also have a nice analog, Tag-Heur "Navy Seals" watch, with the tritium dials, but I find that I use the timer and chronograph function on the Timex so much that I just wear the digital all the time.

I went to a local watch repair shop just yesterday, in fact, to get the battery on one of them replaced. It was a fun visit because the old guy who runs it learned the business from his father in the Philippines, and is a true artisan. We had a nice long talk, about watches and about his son who is serving in Afghanistan right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gone through two citizen eco-drives. The first lasted 6 years the second didn't make it past one. I haven't had the opportunity to replace it yet. I would rather wear a watch then use my phone because it is less obvious to check the time during meetings and stuff

I quit wearing one when I got a smartphone, but it is much harder to check the time during church now. I can still check the time, but it takes a cough and some slight of hand movements.

I have gone through two citizen eco-drives. The first lasted 6 years the second didn't make it past one. I haven't had the opportunity to replace it yet. I would rather wear a watch then use my phone because it is less obvious to check the time during meetings and stuff
 I quit wearing one when I got a smartphone, but it is much harder to check the time during church now.  I can still check the time, but it takes a cough and some slight of hand movements.
Very true. Funny how most church's are short on clocks.

Back