The VTEnviro Memorial 73.4k

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. There's got to be a better system. I hate driving too. Next job I take that requires a commute will be centered around mass trans

I personally love to use mass transit, but I understand why it isn't practical for everybody. That said, it could be better, but the car payment (or two) in every garage mentality has entrenched itself firmly in the hearts of Americans since the 1920's or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving not having any car payments. Flipside, my cars have high mileage and subject to breakdowns. Also factors in my desire for mass transit. But mostly because I hate that ass holes on the road who don't drive properly or consider the others around them. NJ is full of them.

Omg yes it is. It really isn't necessary to drive 95 mph whipping around from far right lane to far left lane and back to the middle just because your can can do it. I saw two near accidents in the last 50 miles. I loathe other drivers.

It's the worst. When I would commute to bring my kids to my in-laws in the morning, it was all rush hour Highway driving. Ass holes cutting every one off. Riding shoulders to pass others. I wanted to kill someone. But yes, NJ is famous for the 95 mph, three Lane change.

My morning commute isn't bad 30 minutes..... My pm commute sucks ass minimum 1 hour....

I can take Dex's bus then the Train but that's 1 hr 20 minutes each way plus it's $10/ day....can you say fuck you?

The transit here needs a debit type card you can load up with money and then pay for what you use.. Kind of sucks you have to either buy a monthly unlimited pass for $176/ month and that's not gonna happen, or buy individual ticket books like its 1982...and you have to scan the ticket into a machine before you get on a train , which takes time....pain in the ass...

But I'm doing it one day a week for now.. It's nice to be able to read a little...but I lose an hour plus of free time days I ride it....

Just drove 10 hours today. Had a truck driver cut me off and then flip me off as I passed, he was talking on his cell phone at the time. I almost called the DOT but didn't.

I payed it forward though. Some jerk in a jeep tail gated me for about 10 miles so I flipped him the bird and proceed to match pace beside him for the next 2 miles while maintaining said bird. I felt better to leave the highway feeling "even" for the day....

:)

What do you mean NJmike, "brought it bowling"?

I didn't rent it shoes, it's not taking your turn, I'm not buying it a f#$%ing beer......
Can't believe you missed this setup NJ... <smh>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just drove 10 hours today. Had a truck driver cut me off and then flip me off as I passed, he was talking on his cell phone at the time. I almost called the DOT but didn't.

I payed it forward though. Some jerk in a jeep tail gated me for about 10 miles so I flipped him the bird and proceed to match pace beside him for the next 2 miles while maintaining said bird. I felt better to leave the highway feeling "even" for the day....

:)
Dude, I got the message after the first mile... Just kidding.

My morning commute isn't bad 30 minutes..... My pm commute sucks ass minimum 1 hour....

I can take Dex's bus then the Train but that's 1 hr 20 minutes each way plus it's $10/ day....can you say fuck you?

The transit here needs a debit type card you can load up with money and then pay for what you use.. Kind of sucks you have to either buy a monthly unlimited pass for $176/ month and that's not gonna happen, or buy individual ticket books like its 1982...and you have to scan the ticket into a machine before you get on a train , which takes time....pain in the ass...

But I'm doing it one day a week for now.. It's nice to be able to read a little...but I lose an hour plus of free time days I ride it....
SF Muni had the clipper card, awesome system. Sounds like CO needs to get with the times.

You make it home yet? I saw the wonderful brake lights photo earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back