The Jackhammer Elegies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradlelf

Licensed Professional Engineer
Reaction score
I recently received this email:

"Seeing on the web your role as a MATHCOUNTS coordinator in Pennsylvania and your accompanying public domain email, I thought you might be interested in a project of mine that showcases professional engineering through a thriller with an engineer (and MATHCOUNTS coach) as the main character and hero—The Jackhammer Elegies.

Background for the novel came from nearly 20 years on the National Society of Professional Engineers senior staff and subsequent years of engineering association experience. (Part of the main character’s nature is giving back to his profession, and one scene features a MATHCOUNTS team practice.)

Reader reviews on Amazon.com have called the book riveting, “more than just another thriller...a thought provoking and exciting novel,” and “a best seller…comparable to books by John Grisham.” In The Zweig Letter, Mark Zweig wrote that the novel “is a great…read….If you like seeing a successful, smart engineer as the main character (I know I do!) this book is for you.” A student who picked the book for a term paper said on Amazon, “Lemme tell you I could not put this book down…Great book!”

You can learn more at www.TheJackhammerElegies.com (available on Amazon.com and as a NOOK Book). If this is of marginal interest to you, then I sincerely apologize for taking up your time.

Regards,

Stefan

Stefan Jaeger

Author of The Jackhammer Elegies

[email protected]"

I had heard about this book before, but I did finally look it up on amazon. I am going to head to the library and see if they have a copy. This might be a way to get some good press/interest in the profession.

Cool, thanks for the info. I will pass this along to my local NSPE chapter, especially the Mathcounts committee.

Latest posts

Back