The Hamptons

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Virginia and Villanova really busted up my bracket. Looking like could be UK vs Duke

Bucky_Badger.jpg

What a game, what a game!! I had at least two heart attacks during our fight with the Irish. They didn't shut down the lane until way into the 2nd half and that August dude was dominant until he ran out of steam. The Irish looked really good, though. Just not quite enough.

Groan

Four roses time
If I told you L'ville would make it to the Elite 8 before the tourney started, you would have taken it smiling...don't lie.
Definitely. Doesn't make watching a layup roll off the rim make you groan.
Not nearly as much as missing all those free throws in the second half...or getting the ball with 32 seconds left, down by 4, and dribbling for 21 seconds before shooting...or losing an 8 point first half lead.

Bottom line, Rick got out-coached in the second half. They made changes at halftime and just beat our ass.

I'm a hardcore UK fan, but also a Pitino fan. I pull for Louyville to win all but one game a year. :p

Groan

Four roses time
If I told you L'ville would make it to the Elite 8 before the tourney started, you would have taken it smiling...don't lie.
Definitely. Doesn't make watching a layup roll off the rim make you groan.
Not nearly as much as missing all those free throws in the second half...or getting the ball with 32 seconds left, down by 4, and dribbling for 21 seconds before shooting...or losing an 8 point first half lead.

Bottom line, Rick got out-coached in the second half. They made changes at halftime and just beat our ass.
I don't think it was so much out-coached just Louisville couldn't hit a lay-up and Montrezl was gassed. They were 3-20 at one point in the 2nd half.

It's kind of a weird situation for MSU this year.

On one hand, they are in the toughest possible Final Four with three #1 seeds.

On the other, they are getting well over 25% of the press because they are the only non-#1 seed.

They are not exactly a Cinderella but they're the closest thing this year.

It's weird. I look at MSU and Duke and think "there's no way they stand a chance against Wisconsin or Kentucky." Then I remember that Wisconsin just squeaked by MSU in the B10 championship.

Back