Teen arrested after teachers mistake home made clock for bomb

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a lot of people with a lot of fertilizer in the midwest. Hard to tell if farmer or terrorists...

The regulations governing handling and transport of fertilizers and other constituents of anfo are forever increasing. Talk to those farmers and see wwhat kind of federal regulatory controls they need to satisfy these days. I'll bet you'll hear a LOT of beaocthing. Kind like we used to just go to the airport and get on a plane. Times are a-changing.

And if it's not fear of terrorism it's fear of them using the ammonia to make meth.

There's a lot of people with a lot of fertilizer in the midwest. Hard to tell if farmer or terrorists...

The regulations governing handling and transport of fertilizers and other constituents of anfo are forever increasing. Talk to those farmers and see wwhat kind of federal regulatory controls they need to satisfy these days. I'll bet you'll hear a LOT of beaocthing. Kind like we used to just go to the airport and get on a plane. Times are a-changing.

And if it's not fear of terrorism it's fear of them using the ammonia to make meth.
that too nothing worse than a meth-head, bomb-building terrorist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that both funny and sad.

Funny because it's a meme.

Sad because it shows how American's truly feel about kids who show an interest in science and innovation.

There's somehting abuot this whole situation that really doesn't sit well with me. As I understand it Qatar is offering this kid ghigh school and university for free and the whole family is moving out of the US because of the deal. Seems odd to me.

Its not sad. Good riddance. He and his family are radicals and set this whole thing up for the school to look bad and get attention AND IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY. Please read the details on this messed up situation somewhere other than MSNBC and you will see that this is exactly what they wanted. He was told not to get it out at school because his "clock" counted down (ie a timer) and resembled a bomb. He got it out again and freaked people out (rightfully so). He tried to look sad for all the cameras and then got on TV and said the whole thing was "kind of cool". They get no sympathy from me and wish them godspeed to any where but these shores.

535e6b8b6d7ed38471033da34b8c995d.jpg

I kind of agree with Goodal... Seemed like a setup to me. Too many odd things going on, like him showing the thing to ALL his teachers, not just his science teacher. How many times did you PRESENT your science project to your language arts teacher??? Almost like he was fishing for a teacher to bite.

He took apart a store bought clock and put it in a $7 case from walmart.. Even Bill Maheur thought this smelled like a duck...

I thought it was funny how he called his clock his "invention" when the story first came out.

He's the "balloon boy" of 2015.

Yeah the PC media never let's the facts stop them from reporting a good story.

The kid's father is a native of Sudan and he previously ran for president there.

read the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Mohamed_clock_incident

The kid had a history of being disruptive at the school.

I guess we can thank Al Gore for inventing the internet and making these situations global news.

I think there was a lot of over reaction from both sides on this particular issue

I was just saddened that no Kardashians died in that whole Vegas brothel story last week

Back