Suspension Bridge Cost Estimate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a preliminary cost estimate of a suspension bridge that will take a few small pipelines over a river valley. It's in northern Alberta and spans about 400m (~1300ft). And although, it carries pipes, I am looking at making using a bridge deck to support the pipes, as opposed to other methods.

I am looking for any construction company and/or bridge engineering company that would be willing to put together a rough cost estimate. There is potential that a bridge engineering company could bid for this job, as our company doesn't have the expertise to do detailed design. We just got roped into doing the preliminary cost estimate. And of course, I am happy to recommend in my report any company that is interested and helpful.

So if your company would like to provide some help, or you know of companies that might be able to help, please contact me either here or via PM.

Although, it's not good for me to say this, but I believe the client is willing to pay a small fee for such an estimate (apparently it is hard to find companies with this kind of expertise)....

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can provide.

Regards,

Casey

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i work in one of the Civil Engineering Consulting firms here in Northern Alberta, locally in this area, I would say most bridge engineering firms have their main offices in Edmonton. To name a few you may contact BPTech DNW, Sheunhage Consulting Engineers and etc.

BTW you need also to show them the design drawings before any cost estimate is done. This job is very interesting, I'm interested to do this kind of work.

And you believe they are capable of doing such a long spanned suspension bridge?

The other thing is I need the estimate ASAP... But if they are experienced in such a thing then it should be easy.

The companies do not have to be local... Anyone with experience is helpful.

Vin, I'll get a hold of you shortly here.

Back