Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not bike to work in Alaska because of all of the bears?
No, you can bike to work without issues. Many people do it. I was doing it when I was temporarily residing within a couple miles of the office; now that it's 42 miles one way, it's not feasable to bike.

shouldnt you be using your free transit card?

SHIT! I KNEW I was missing out on something.

Besides, the bus doesn't come within 10 miles of my home; and while there's a train station ~1 mile away, it doesn't have a regular train service (only during the fair does a passenger train stop as it's the end of the line).

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, in Barrow, they have shotguns above the door at all public places. I'm told because the polar bears hide under the stairs waiting to strike. :blink:

all the government workers in the metro denver area get a free card to ride transit unlimited, (i wonder who pays for that)

I had one when I worked at Boulder, I did use it, and I am pretty sure half the riders using the transit consist of these people (i always make a note when I ride) espcially when I pay to use it with my own money) Id say its always about half the riders are "free riders"

but if there job is anything like mine at Boulder than maybe they deserve it!

LOL, in Barrow, they have shotguns above the door at all public places. I'm told because the polar bears hide under the stairs waiting to strike. :blink:
Uh, I don't think so. I've been to Barrow a few times and NEVER once saw a working shotgun over the door of a public location. You will see people riding around with them strapped to their 4-wheelers or on a sling. One does want to look out the door and check for bear sign before wandering outside as the polar bears don't see humans as a threat.

Barrow has had armed people roaming around the football field while the kids played due to bear threats. Barrow does have the furthest North artificial turf practice field.

Thats the next chapter. Lets not get a head.

Polar bears do steal harvested beluga whales from villagers.

Quarterbacks

y5ygyrer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back