Stupid stupid stupid

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FusionWhite

Epee ~)----- Fencer
Reaction score
Im an idiot. There Ive said it.

Why you ask?

Ive posted before that my wife is very good at planning my vacation time with no input from me. Well this year shes burned my vacation time on 1) a family trip to Gulf Shores, AL and 2) a 10 day trip to Ireland.

We planned these both out during Christmas and I immediately started plotting how to get out of the Gulf Shores trip. My wifes family is huge and they take about 60 people down there and rent out a bunch of condos and party. Yeah it sounds fun but I have no desire to spend a week down there. So knowing that I was going to try to cook up an excuse to not go I didnt ask for the vacation time in January or Feb or March or April or even most of May. Now the trip is next week and I havent told my wife I dont want to go and I havent asked my boss for the time off yet.

Brilliant right?

I also havent asked off for the Ireland trip. Another great move. So now I have to slither into my bosses office and BEG for next week off with 3 days notice. Then on top of that I have to tell him Im taking another week off next month.

Like I said Im an idiot.

In case you didnt notice Im piss poor at planning stuff (a bad trait for an engineer I know, but I swear when it comes to work Im on top of things).

Last edited by a moderator:
Man go offshore fishing while you're down there! Get hammered every day for a week! TAKE A BLENDER!!!! Plenty of fun to be had around Gulf Shores!

I'm bad at the planning side too. But, thankfully, my boss doesn't want to know about vacation time until it is close. Other wise he'll forget and wonder where the hell I am.

I'm thinking all your blathering about fantastic Valentines Day, Birthday, and anniversary present planning was for naught. You're ass is grass if the old lady finds out you haven't asked for the days off yet. Hopefully you're boss will be cool and she'll never have to know..........................

I'm thinking all your blathering about fantastic Valentines Day, Birthday, and anniversary present planning was for naught. You're ass is grass if the old lady finds out you haven't asked for the days off yet. Hopefully you're boss will be cool and she'll never have to know..........................

Another fun activity will for the familly will be to get them to go Flounder gigging at night. You get in the shallows of the bay when the tide is going out with a lantern and a gig. You might accidently get a few small stingrays, so beware. Don't gig anything big cause that will be the big sting rays. Incourage the familly members you don't like as well to go into the deeper water (sharks will be attracted to the fish blood.) This activity may be more fun to watch with a beer from the shore.

Also escape a few days by going deep sea fishing. You might want to take a drive down the coast to Panama City Beach and go clubbing. Tell everyone your are going on an overnight fishing trip, and hit the fish market on the way back to Alabama. Also the gas is 20 cents cheaper in Florida.

Back