Stone Porosity

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santiagj

Chief Rambo Historian
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a chart that shows the AASHTO stone porosity for each class of stone? I'm specifically searching for the % voids in AASHTO #7 stone.

Well, I just want to make sure. I also found that chart that you are referring to but the smallest aggregate they use is a #57 and shows a variance of +-5% depending on the testing method. Just thought that there might be some sort of AASHTO reference that I do not have out there that covers this topic in more detail.

Well, I just want to make sure. I also found that chart that you are referring to but the smallest aggregate they use is a #57 and shows a variance of +-5% depending on the testing method. Just thought that there might be some sort of AASHTO reference that I do not have out there that covers this topic in more detail.
I believe AASHTO has a materials publication but it's probably about $200 like everything else they sell. Do you know any geotech engineers that can find this out for you?

Back