Stolen wheels, WTF?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Aftermarket anything decreases the value on the wholesale market.
And you usually get pennies on the dollar as a return when you trade it in. You have $5000 rims on the car? Dealership might give you $500 more on the trade. I was looking to trade my Camaro about a year ago and the dealership wouldn't even give me a dime for my aftermarket mods. He said they were so "specialized" that he would have a harder time selling because it appealed to an even smaller market.

^Aftermarket anything decreases the value on the wholesale market.
And you usually get pennies on the dollar as a return when you trade it in. You have $5000 rims on the car? Dealership might give you $500 more on the trade. I was looking to trade my Camaro about a year ago and the dealership wouldn't even give me a dime for my aftermarket mods. He said they were so "specialized" that he would have a harder time selling because it appealed to an even smaller market.

They turn off a lot more people than they turn on.

Just look at the price of take-offs in relation to dealer prices for rims. My old GMC truck had 16 inch tires on it from the factory. The dealer price for one wheel was close to $1000. When it was due for new tires, I scored a set of 4 17" GMC Denali wheels and tires for $250 and the guy even installed them on the truck for me. If you can buy them outright for that kind of a discount, the dealer is never going to cough up any extra for them.

Back