South Carolina Results are out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepower2012

Reaction score
I just got the email from NCEES today. I've passed!

I thought I need to make a post since I have gotten so much from this forum.

Here's the rough description of my journey to become PE for electrical power.

Took the one in october 2011 and failed. Lesson learned:

Do not start a month before the test and only look at theoretical stuff on the Power manual.

This time around, I found all the resources I could get my hands on, including all the PE practice problems e.g. All of the complex imaginary books (all four versions, worked it twice), Camara power sample exam (worked it twice), Spin ups (only went through once, the problems on it was not too hard but a good starting point to learn the basics). Checked out this forum regularly for any tips. This is such a great forum with so many helpful insights.

The morning one was more challenging to me than the afternoon one. It had more theoretical stuff than last one I took, especially relay theoretical problems had me sweating a little. I remembered I had few that I just guessed because there wasn't enough time to finish. The afternoon was better. I tabbed my NEC 2012 handbook really well this time around (too bad there were just few that involved NEC this time). I made couple formula sheet and quick look ups and put them in a folder, also tabbed. There were few problems that I couldn't have solved without using the Wildi book and Grainer book.

I was not confident at all after I finished both part, felt much worse than last year, now looking back, that's probably a good thing.

Sorry for the written diarrhea, I am just elated this I am now PE! I'm really grateful for this forum and others in my life that have encouraged me to get this milestone. It's a great feeling, like the last part of the movie "Pursuit of Happiness" when the protagonist got what he wanted. Anyway, just want to share some insights on how I got my P.E. Thanks again for all that have posted tips and share their knowledge on this forum. Congrats to those that have passed and for those that are trying, YOU CAN DO IT!

Back