Signal References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

north6633

Hi,

What is a good reference for analyzing signalized intersections? I have the HCM and it it has a lot of information in it and I have the MUTCD. Is there another good reference out there that covers signals? I attended a signal class given by Northwestern a couple of years ago and the class note were very good. I thought I had brought them with me when I let the company but no. I left them and many other references I wish I had now on the self in my office. :17:

personally I recommend taking (beg borrow steal) the ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook and Transportation Planning Manual

personally I recommend taking (beg borrow steal) the ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook and Transportation Planning Manual
I passed the transpo afternoon section and have never had a transpo class in college or currently work with traffic. I used the HCM, Traffic Engineering Handbook, and MUTCD for the signalized intersections questions. You should be covered with those.

Back