Should I get all the Six Minute Solutions books?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootlegend

Livin' the dream.
Reaction score
Should I get all the Six Minute Solution books if I am taking the Civil/Structural Depth? Wondering if those would be representative of the other morning breadth subjects.

Should I get all the Six Minute Solution books if I am taking the Civil/Structural Depth? Wondering if those would be representative of the other morning breadth subjects.

I think you're going to want to work as many problems as you can. The 6-minute solutions help..I thought they were good practice.

If you don't know which depth module you are going to do then maybe. But the morning questions are way easier then the "6-min solution" depth problems so if that is all you are wanting then it is probably a waste of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't know which depth module you are going to do then maybe. But the morning questions are way easier then the "6-min solution" depth problems so if that is all you are wanting then it is probably a waste of money.
Each book is expensive so to buy several of them may be overkill. Try to borrow them from other PE examinees if possible. Just buy the book for the depth exam you'll take.

The "All-in-One" book by Goswami is an excellent resource. That book plus the CERM is all you would really need for the exam.

Good luck!

I did civil transpo, but I did end up buying all the 6 minute books for civil, but mainly worked the AM problems for the disciplines I wasnt covering in the PM (Water, Structural, etc)

You can find them on the internet, ebay, here in the yard sale forum, cheaper than buying new, but they are fairly good problems to work through IMO

I'd recommend getting the NCEES practice test, if you are wanting to prepare for the morning. That book is probably the most accurate in what the actual test is like.

I did civil / Environmental afternoon. I purchased all of the six minute solutions, which helped me WHIP through the morning. You will need more depth for your afternoon choice, though.

Latest posts

Back