sequence components

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shellbell500

does anyone have any idea how much we are expected to know about sequence components??? will there be actual fault questions that require us to use them? yikes. thanks!

Shell, this was touched on recently here: Symmetrical Components. Remember you only have about 6 minutes per problem and the test designers know this, so they aren't going to give you something that will take a really long time to calculate. They are trying to test your understanding of concepts, not your ability to solve a bunch of complex (pun intended) equations quickly. Does this answer your question?

Shell, this was touched on recently here: Symmetrical Components. Remember you only have about 6 minutes per problem and the test designers know this, so they aren't going to give you something that will take a really long time to calculate. They are trying to test your understanding of concepts, not your ability to solve a bunch of complex (pun intended) equations quickly. Does this answer your question?
yes, answers my question - thank you! i wish there was a book out there to "teach" practical things for all the conceptual problems - the ones about lightning strikes, sequence component theory, etc. boo! ;) thanks so much.

yes, answers my question - thank you! i wish there was a book out there to "teach" practical things for all the conceptual problems - the ones about lightning strikes, sequence component theory, etc. boo! ;) thanks so much.
Shell, This is something that a professor pointed out in a review course I subscribe to. It helps visualize the Sequence components, its a quick easy download, perfectly safe. You can google it, its fairly prevalent. It called Alex Mceachern Power Quality Teaching Toy its pretty good.

You can find it here

http://www.powerstandards.com/PQTeachingToyIndex.htm

John

Last edited by a moderator:
MY Professor said a similar statement to what was said earlier. In the new format there isn't too much they can ask on this topic.

Back