School Lunches

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing I didn't like that the school made was Shepherd's Pie. The mix of soggy instant potatoes, fatty beef, and frozen mixed vegetables all slopped together was awful. Took me years to try it again but it's really pretty good when done right.

They didn't even have Taco Boat's when I was going thru school.....That must have been before we had so many immigrants in this country....we didn't even have a Taco Bell in our area.

I had taco boats back in 4th grade, which was the mid-80's.

I asked my wife to sneak me into a school on pizza day so I could eat a school lunch again. Im FIENDING for a rectangular pizza.

Did anyone elses school have a desert that was peanut butter topped with chocolate? I dont know what it was called but it was like a kiss from the gods to eat one of those things. My wife called them Buckeye Bars in school; I just called them "peanut butter with chocolate". No matter what they're called I would steal a crippled kids crutches for trade if anyone can tell me where I can score some these things.

^ I can't stand to be in the same room as peanut butter. One of the few things I totally refuse to eat.

I gotta imagine if it's just PB topped with chocolate, you could get a jar of Skippy and pour some Hersheys syrup on it.

Did anyone elses school have a desert that was peanut butter topped with chocolate? I dont know what it was called but it was like a kiss from the gods to eat one of those things. My wife called them Buckeye Bars in school; I just called them "peanut butter with chocolate". No matter what they're called I would steal a crippled kids crutches for trade if anyone can tell me where I can score some these things.
I never had those in school, but there's a company around here (website) that makes something very similar called Peanut Butter Bars.
eatdrink026.gif
It looks like you can't buy those bars online, but maybe you could write to them and "convince" them it's in their best interest to send you some.

^ Whoa! Is that right on the main drag in Woodstock? I must visit this place and learn its secrets.

Actually upon further review they do have online sales. I'm gonna order a cookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
SapperPE said:
We never had any taco boats, but we did have the rectangular pizzas. Somewhere in middle school they started introducing an octogonal pizza that was the shizzle. I am totally craving a public school pizza right now.
The school pizzas we had were very much like an Ellio's.... every friday I would buy my lunch.

I could go for one of those right now!

My favorite school lunch was a homemade pepperoni roll. That is actually what I'm having for lunch today (except I don't have the stick of government cheese that won't melt with a blowtorch.)

GOD DAMN HEALTH NUTS!!!!! VT I would protest. Theres no more pizza + fries!!! What an injustice to the youth of america.

I remember we had 4 lunch lines in school. One served pizza and french fries EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. One was the salad bar and two that served the lunch de jour. All I see on that list now is RICE RICE RICE.

Turkey sausage??? Wheres the g** d*** pork? Oven roasted potatoes!! FRY THAT SHIT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back