Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. HTC Droid DNA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weavs33

Tough Mudder
Reaction score
I am looking to reward myself for passing the PE by upgrading my company phone. I am looking at either the S3 or DNA. Does anyone have any insight on either phone? I have been googling and comparing the two. I know people who have the S3 and love it, but have not talked to anyone who ones the DNA. Both would be $200 to upgrade.

One of the issues I've encountered when shopping for a smart phone is the size. I don't care if it's 1/8" thick if it's too tall/wide to fit into my pocket. I'm currently rocking an HTC Evo 4G that's a couple years old. I've thought of upgrading to the newer Evo LTE, except that Sprint currently doesn't have LTE coverage here in Denver. It's hard to justify spending $100 and committing to another 2 years for a phone with little more than a few software upgrades.

BTW, I have no intention of ever owning an iPhone.

I have some friends & family who own the S3 and absolutely love it. It's been around long enough to have any bugs worked out of it. I think the DNA is still to new to be able to gauge it against the S3. If I were to upgrade from my HTC Thunderbolt today, I'd get the S3.

:plusone:

I have some friends & family who own the S3 and absolutely love it. It's been around long enough to have any bugs worked out of it. I think the DNA is still to new to be able to gauge it against the S3. If I were to upgrade from my HTC Thunderbolt today, I'd get the S3.

:plusone:
Thanks for the info. I think with the amount of people I know that have and love the S3 I will probably go with that. Our IT guys want me to upgrade to the Note 2, but that thing is way too big.

I am looking to reward myself for passing the PE by upgrading my company phone. I am looking at either the S3 or DNA. Does anyone have any insight on either phone? I have been googling and comparing the two. I know people who have the S3 and love it, but have not talked to anyone who ones the DNA. Both would be $200 to upgrade.

I really think you could come up with a better reward than upgrading a work phone.

I really think you could come up with a better reward than upgrading a work phone.
Well, I am working on buying a house, so I will count that as a reward for passing as well.

I upgraded to the Samsung S3 about three days ago. I'm impressed so far with the interface. It is smooth as silk. One thing I'm getting used to is the "physical" home button. My previous phone was android as well but it had the touchscreen home button. Not as big a deal as I thought it might be at first.

Battery life seems pretty decent so far too, and I'm leaving GPS and WIFI running all day.

Techwise : LG Nexus 4 >>>>> S3.

But since you can't find the Nexus 4 anywhere at it's normal price, S3 is the way to go right now.

on any other discussion board the steak and bj comment would have turned really sexual, but not this one. I love being an engineer, haha

Techwise : LG Nexus 4 >>>>> S3.

But since you can't find the Nexus 4 anywhere at it's normal price, S3 is the way to go right now.
Indeed, however the S3 has better storage options and a better front-facing camera. ;)

on any other discussion board the steak and bj comment would have turned really sexual, but not this one. I love being an engineer, haha

This type of conversation might've turned here at EB too. I just don;t think the post was in the right thread and/or it's just a matter of time before the right participants find it.

Back