As our Instrumentation and Measurement Engineer you will support Noise and Dynamics Data Acquisition systems, Distribution of Engine Mounted Conditioning (DEMIC), Rationalised Automated Measurement System (RAMS), RAMS Instrumentation Business System (RIBS), and the Rolls-Royce measurement systems IT both at RR-Stennis, and at our Ft. Worth Test Facility.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power. We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry – and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
- Be the on-site engineer. Lead the implementation of certain new technologies to the site, support the test operations with system advice and training, and liaise with internal engineers and external contractors on instrumentation and measurement systems issues
- Enable system availability for the test operations to carry out tests as defined by the Test Process and the Customer schedule
- Manage the Test Local Server (TLS) network, train RR-Stennis personnel on upgrades, perform new systems integration, and ensure that the site maximizes operational availability
- Maintain and monitor the test facility measurement IT systems, noise, and DEMIC / RAMS / RIBS instrumentation systems, dynamic systems, and data-transfer system
- Manage system back-ups, records, and configuration control
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering + 2 years of experience in instrumentation or measurement or
- Masters degree in Engineering or
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be U.S. Citizen/Resident, Asylee, Refugee or have permanent/indefinite work authorization
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering + 2 years of experience in instrumentation or measurement
- Experience with instrumentation used in various forms of data acquisition
- Experience with data acquisition computing systems (Steady-State, Transient, and Dynamic)
- Familiarity with networking systems – Ethernet, Fibre-Channel and iSCSI
- Understanding of systems architecture and engineering
- Familiarity with the support and maintenance of Linux- and Windows-based operating systems