RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was also in the mission impossible series as a hooligan. Role fit him well.

He will be missed.

I think his best role was the one in Red dragon.

No shit, I asked him to take a picture of my wife and I at Times Square in December 2005 (my son's second Christmas). My wife and I went to NYC for a day trip while visiting my in-laws and my MIL was watching our then only, now oldest kid. We were in Times Square and my wife asks me to get somebody to take our picture... I ask the first person to walk by me and he looked eerily familiar... He ignored my request and just kept walking but then as he passed my wife says, "That was Phillip Seymore Hopkins!" I had no idea who he was, so I looked him up when we got back to my MIL's house and sure nuff, looked like the guy from Times Square. That's when it dawned on me why he looked familiar.

For the record, my wife has an unnatural ability of spotting celebrities in real life. We've met or seen three and at least the other two were confirmed, Bruce Hornsby at the Richmond Airport and Willard Scott at a restaurant (and we DID get a picture with him).

He was also in the mission impossible series as a hooligan. Role fit him well.

He will be missed.

I think his best role was the one in Red dragon.

You mean sailing down the street, ablaze in an office chair?

For the record, my wife has an unnatural ability of spotting celebrities in real life. We've met or seen three and at least the other two were confirmed, Bruce Hornsby at the Richmond Airport and Willard Scott at a restaurant (and we DID get a picture with him).

Did Willard Scott tell you happy birthday?

they found him with the needle in his arm.
And, if the recent reports are to be believed, 50 BAGS OF HEROIN!!!

I don't know much about heroin but 50 of anything sounds like more of a drug dealer than a drug user
just supports my opinion.
Saw something on CNN last night where they said a normal user will go through 5-10 bags a day, so who knows, maybe that is a normal amount. Seems to be the drug of choice these days, from Hollywood all the way down to the locals. A lot of busts around here lately with heroin involved. Glad I cam deathly afraid of needles and never got into any of that stuff.

Did Willard Scott tell you happy birthday?
are you saying Sap looks like he's 100yo

Back