Reza Mahallati Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mr. smee

For all my fellow NorCal people getting ready for the "special" surveying exam, I'd like to recommend the review course by Mr. Reza Mahallati. I took the survey test a total of three times. The first time I studied only using Cuomo books and missed the passing score by 70 points. The next time I missed it by an even larger margin of 100 points. With Mr. Mahallati's instruction and his very helpful review workbook, I was able to pass the test in Oct 2007. I acknowledge that other people's opinions and performance may differ and I'm not trying to push an agenda...this is just my $0.02!

1. Name of Class / Location: Surveying Review by Reza Mahallati/American River College in Sacramento (offered on Sundays) OR Cal State East Bay in Hayward (offered on Saturdays).

2. Cost: $305

3. Hours of instruction: About 32; 8 hours of instruction for 4 Saturdays (or Sundays) before the exam.

4. How many questions you think you "nailed" due to the class: My target was 30. I think I for sure nailed 25 and solidly guessed at the remaining 5.

5. state your opinions on the class, would you take it again, worth the money, etc: Excellent class. The review manual contained excellent practice problems and Mr. Mahallati goes through 90% of all the problems in his lecture. Check out the site at surveyingreview.com

Back