Review Course for SE I

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOOK

Reaction score
Did anyone take Review course for SE I exam and want to sell the study materials. I am interested to buy it. Actually there is no any review courses available in my city.

I did the ASCE one. It's a webinar.

Webinar? How useful was it?

I took a 20+ week civil PE review course at a local university. It was a waste of time.

The hand outs were literally over 8 years old. It did help in one regard.

It wasn't bad, but I thought it could be better. I did it because I'm weak in bridges and Masonry. It helped me in Masonry, but not so much in the bridge stuff. It was a 6 week thing...1x a week. It could have been longer and more in depth for the ammount we paid for it. Although, I thought it was better than nothing. Doesn't seem anywhere around here offers them. The places people told me to go, Testmasters specifically, didn't have anything for SE...just CE.

Jennifer,

Does the ACI Masonry Designer's guide good for SE I exam? did u get help from it??

I am thinking to buy it, please let me know.

SEAOI has one every year from November to April, 37 sessions. The class takes place in Chicago at the office of Sargent & Lundy, but you can sign up for the webclasses. I am signed up for the web and they are great. Content: Geotechnical Design, Earthquake-resistant design, Structual Steel Design, Structural Concrete, Masonry, AASHTO Bridge Specifications, & Timber Design. You can sign up for the whole class or just specific subjects. SEAOI member fee for all sessions is $1050, non-members $1200; registering in one content area of the course is $65 per session for members and $75 for non-members.

http://www.seaoi.org/documents/refresher/0...courseregis.pdf

Back