References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechosenone

Reaction score
PM- COnstruction Depth

Hi,

I was checking my references list and I am still missing the following ones:

ASCE 37-02- Design loads on structures during construction

CMWB- Standard practice for bracing masonary walls under construction

ACI-SP-04 Formwork for Concrete

I am still debating on should I buy all the above books or which selective to buy or skip?

Also if any of the members have any study material which covers enough explanation/problems/tables etc so that I do not need the above manuals, pls share.

Any advice tips suggestions...everything welcomed! :)

Thanks

You should buy the books and just sell them back when you are done with the test.

PM me with your email address and I can help you out with a couple though.

I took the test in October. I'd recommend future test takers to bring all the references listed on the NCEES website, there is a reason why they are there.

When I took it and passed in October I had ASCE 37-02, ACI 318-08, ACI 347-04, MUTCD, steel manual and OSHA.

There was only 1 question that I didn't have the spec for. The rest of the specs I had seemed like I had around 1 question from each. With what you're missing, I'd say you'll have 1 or 2 questions you don't have the spec for. It comes down to is it worth the extra money for those questions. It's a gamble, but it worked out ok for me. If you go in well prepared, missing a few specs won't cause you to fail. If you need all the points you can get, buy all the specs.

Let me know if you want to buy 37-02.

Hello All,

I have many books, sample exams, refrences, videos and much more ( Construction & geotech AM & PM).

I f you are intersted email me to discuss.

my email is:

[email protected]

Thank you and good luck for your preparation.

I used two of three books you mentioned above but when it comes to the test better to have them and not need them then need them and not have them.

For instance, there was one reference book that none of the hundred of practice problems ever called for me to use. (School of PE, Mansour, NCESS practice problems and more). I didn't think I would need it but I bought so I brought it anyway. Turns out there were several problems directly out of that reference book! I would been swag had I not brought it. (SWAG: Scientifically Wild Ass Guess)

Moral of the Story: Get the books.

Get creative with Google searches and you will find 37-02 for free download. I never used the other two, although I recall one particular PM problem where I really wished I had read the SP-4 text more carefully, though it probably would not have mattered - the volume of that text is enormous and you need to pick your battles. Think big picture here - you need to do well enough to pass, anymore is wasted effort.

Back