recommendations for a new office chair

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
My office chair sucks and my back hurts all time. It's time to replace my chair at work, but I am going to have to pay for it...since works idea of a new chair is to grab another ancient unoccupied one to replace the existing...seriously the date sticker on the bottom looks like 1985. Geeze...Even chairs have a shelf life so to speak.

What sort of chair does everyone have? or any reccomendations for a new one?

478345-7610-51.jpg

All I know is that I've sat in the much hyped Herman Miller mesh jobbers that adorn our fancy conference room, and IMO, they suck.

Which funny picture thread would you post the video in?

alas it would be the safe one since they keep the office so cold, all the layers of clothes and blankets prevent much bounce in that sense.

My office chair sucks and my back hurts all time. It's time to replace my chair at work, but I am going to have to pay for it...since works idea of a new chair is to grab another ancient unoccupied one to replace the existing...seriously the date sticker on the bottom looks like 1985. Geeze...Even chairs have a shelf life so to speak.

I thought we were the only ones on that plan...

I thought we were the only ones on that plan...

We were on this plan also until the new safety guy started. now we have chair training, basically its how to adjust your chair(and desk) for ergonomics. If he determines your chair does not have the proper adjustments features he has a pre-approved list of chair models we can order from.

^The utility I am at was on the old plan. One day, I was leaning back to talk to another engineer, and the back of my chair busted off and I fell backward off it, hyperextending my lower back. If I was a lesser man, that would have been my pay day, but I toughed it out and the pain went away, eventually.... And we got new chairs!

went to the office supply store on Friday and got a new chair for work. Assembled this morning and it is working great so far. one of those mesh ones with arm rests are flip up to make it an armless chair....I can never find the right arm height on the adjustable chairs anyways. Office chairs are definitely designed for short people.

Back