prob 29 in me pe sample examination

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ridge35

does anyone know where the equation used to solve for this problem come from. its the power output of a turbine in a hydroelectric plant, i have looked throughout the merm but cant find it, unless the author is just using a simple pump power output equation with flowrate and head values. am i just overlooking the correct page?

does anyone know where the equation used to solve for this problem come from. its the power output of a turbine in a hydroelectric plant, i have looked throughout the merm but cant find it, unless the author is just using a simple pump power output equation with flowrate and head values. am i just overlooking the correct page?
I believe what you are looking for can be found in TABLE 18.4 in the MERM (i'm using 12th edition)

thanks, i thought that might be were it was coming from, a basic hp conversion, but i wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing some random hydroelectric plant information

Back