Pregnancy Loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?
Reaction score
Not to be a Debby Downer, but this happens a lot, in fact a lot more than people may know. My wife and I struggled through 3 miscarriages, others have felt the sting of loss as well. There are groups that offer support and once a year there is are a lot of groups that sponsor a pregnancy and infant loss service - sometimes for support of others going through the experience, or as an annual rememberance of those you've lost.

I am so proud of my wife, she sponsored and started this service in our local town and has been continuing it for the last few years. Here is a nice write up on the service. If you've experienced a loss of this kind you can feel alone and misunderstood. Believe me you are not alone.

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Service

Nice story. TD. You have a very strong wife. Children are precious. Mine are adults now, and they are still precious. :)

TD your wife is truly phenomenal.

Among the many mistakes I've made in this lifetime is not expressing my condolenses right away to a friend of mine when she had a miscarriage. After weeks passed by, I expressed my sadness for her loss. But, I should have done it sooner. A couple of years after her miscarriage, she confided in me that she was surprised no one talked to her after her miscarriage. I apologized to her since I was among those. Honestly, I (nor did anyone else) know exactly how to react or much less what to say. Now I know something short and from the heart would have been fine.

What made her story very sad to me, and angered me too, was the lack of care she received from her gynocologist. She found out that the baby had no heartbeat at her doctor's visit. He simply told her that her body would take care of it. Well, he didn't exactly explain what that meant. So when she started bleeding, she freaked out. It was after office hours; she called the doctors paging service. He was upset about her calling him in the evening. What a jerk!

I am sure your wife's story has helped many women. God bless her.

Back