PE Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using this site now and it has really helped. I actually emailed the engineers listed in the testimonial - first to make sure they were real but also to find out their thoughts on the course. Every one of the engineers I emailed (who had passed) gave this site high praise. It has been very helpful so far and I *think* it is preparing my mind how to break down the problems instead of being overwhelmed by the amount of information a word problem can have.

I subscribed to it and I think, overall, it was worth it. I don't know if it helped me pass because I am still waiting for the results but I went through every problem they had (most more than once!). Instead of the typical review class where there is a lot of down time and background information (and traveling), this is just a bunch of little videos of a guy solving problems. Not all the problems were gems or even original. I later found one of the problems in the CERM. The production value isn't great. He has a few technical difficulties with the camera. Overall, I think it's a great idea to have a review class like it. I just think it could be done better and it could be done bigger.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I've heard the prep course is a waste of time and money. Unnecessary if you have the work ethic to study on your own.

I took this class and can say that there were 3-4 questions on my exam that I was able to reference practice problems and think I got right directly from the class notes. I grew up on the philosophy you get what you pay for. The production and presentation is pretty low budget but that is what you get for the money. I can say that I personally got an email from them immediately following the exam to see how the course helped for the exam and to wish me luck. All in all I'd say it all depends on your learning style, for me that is visual perspective and he made me feel a little more confident in what to expect as far as question format and difficulty. I originally signed up for a Testmasters class which was subsequentally canceled due to low enrollment. So this seemed to be my only option. I wouldn't say that this class was monumental in passing the exam but, if I passed the exam by 1-2 questions I would say it's worth it's weigth in gold. If I didn't take the class, would I have passed???????? It all depends on your situation; practicing field, years out of school, level of comfort with the material......... If nothing else it was a night off from working problems and still feel like you were accomplishing something. Ultimately it's something you'll have to decide on your own based on your own situation.

I agree with slates. The course helped me focus a bit more than I was doing on my own. The reason I took it is b/c I emailed those listed in the testimonials (since most worked for state governments, it was easy to find their email addresses...a bit like engineering stalking) and every one I emailed gave it rave reviews. But like the other courses, you need to do work beyond the coursework.

I agree with slates. The course helped me focus a bit more than I was doing on my own. The reason I took it is b/c I emailed those listed in the testimonials (since most worked for state governments, it was easy to find their email addresses...a bit like engineering stalking) and every one I emailed gave it rave reviews. But like the other courses, you need to do work beyond the coursework.
I would definately recommend it. You will be more than prepared for the exam. The practice tests really helped the most I think.

I just wanted to bump this thread to tell people I was not impressed at all with the PEReview.net class. I found multiple plagiarized problems straight from the CERM. I found a ton of unit errors, and calculation errors throughout the review course. During the Video explanation of the problems, the guy would just skip over a mistake and not even notice it. I would say 25% of the problems have not been proofread and have some sort of error in them. When I complained to the customer service people, I was told that the issues were negligble and did not warrant a complaint.

I passed the test, but I attribute that more to the time I spent finding the errors in the review class than the review class itself. Hours of study time were wasted trying to figure out why my answers did not match the instructor only to find out the instructor was wrong. That is my two cents.

Back